Home

Possibly a Demo Soon!!

This is a discussion on Possibly a Demo Soon!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Possibly a Demo Soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Just some advice: Avoid the forums for about 2 weeks after NCAA drops - so basically, don't look at them while you're on vacation after the 17th. You will grow to hate the game, as nearly every comment will be negative. You'll see what I mean.
Yes, exactly right!!!!!! Here's how it works. First few threads and posts will be "WOW OMG this is great" and etc etc....the "honeymoon period". Then doubt will start to creep in "uh oh, I saw this one thing happen, I got a bad feeling about this".....this is the "marriage period". And lastly about 3 days after the game has hit the stores we have the "bitter divorce period" where you will see that 98% of every post & thread is "Well such and such is a gamekiller for me" or "I can't believe EA didn't _______(fill in whatever here)....I can't see playing this game much now".

Oh and then about two months after the divorce period we finally see general acceptance, where people are just talking about sliders, rosters and the NCAA 09 talk begins and how if they could just fix this and that then maybe the game would be "playable".

Meanwhile i'm just off of OS mostly enjoying my game and having fun

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #26
Rookie

The_Jacket's Arena

OVR: 4

Similarly, when I get the game - unless I get it early - I avoid message boards for an extended period of time because things that otherwise wouldn't matter to me become the subject of ~20 page threads with essays denouncing the flaws and adding a glare to them that I wouldn't have noticed to begin with.

I'm rather done letting the opinions of others effect my fun with a game. Especially NCAA.
Piss on 'em!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

As a person who values level headed impressions I dont normally avoid the entire forum as there is no need to do so if you are able to form your own opinion and you are not easily swayed by others you shouldnt careless if the game is getting slammed here. However I dont go anywhere near the glitch thread as I always feel out of sight out of mind when it comes to that.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #28
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah, I can't stay away that long - but ODogg is exactly right. The 17th and 18th will be filled with 15 threads called "OMG!!! BEST NCAA EVR!!1" After that, you'll see some threads like "Is this supposed to be like this?" or "Minor Glitch" or something like that. Come the 22nd or so, every thread will be "Unplayable", "Worst NCAA of all time", "I bought a 360 for THIS?!?", etc., etc. It'll be safe to come back around the 2nd or 3rd week of August.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #29
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogs14
I wouldn't take 1-50 odds on ANYTHING..... Not much of a gambler, eh?
Oh man...I added in a zero. Oops.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #30
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yes, exactly right!!!!!! Here's how it works. First few threads and posts will be "WOW OMG this is great" and etc etc....the "honeymoon period". Then doubt will start to creep in "uh oh, I saw this one thing happen, I got a bad feeling about this".....this is the "marriage period". And lastly about 3 days after the game has hit the stores we have the "bitter divorce period" where you will see that 98% of every post & thread is "Well such and such is a gamekiller for me" or "I can't believe EA didn't _______(fill in whatever here)....I can't see playing this game much now".

Oh and then about two months after the divorce period we finally see general acceptance, where people are just talking about sliders, rosters and the NCAA 09 talk begins and how if they could just fix this and that then maybe the game would be "playable".

Hammer meets nail! LOL!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurdenVol
Hammer meets nail! LOL!
LOL, thanks, I've seen it every year on here now for a good long while. As for whoever said they come to the forum anyways because they can form their own opinions, it is not so much that but you may not notice something and still enjoy the game, then you read people focusing on it and you'll find you tend to do the same thing.

Kind of like if you get your car windows tinted (like I did recently) and you think they're perfect, then a friend points out a millimeter sized bubble in a place you never noticed. From now on you are no longer focused on your windows being tinted perfectly, now all you can think about is that damned bubble!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #32
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

Couldnt have said it better myself lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »