Home

Do we have to buy Alternate Jerseys this year?

This is a discussion on Do we have to buy Alternate Jerseys this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #25
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Do we have to buy Alternate Jerseys this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Zing! They took that from Madden as well. To play as the Bengals alts you need to have had 5 players jailed..
Only 5? Totally unrealistic. I would think 15 is a bit more in the ballpark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

come on think about it. the majority of the alts from last year are still useable for this year. it's not like they have to redo them all... since at its core this game is the same as 2007. if we dont have alts the only reason would be EA doesnt want us to have them. no other reason... which is stupid. we will have them...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #27
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents1975
come on think about it. the majority of the alts from last year are still useable for this year. it's not like they have to redo them all... since at its core this game is the same as 2007. if we dont have alts the only reason would be EA doesnt want us to have them. no other reason... which is stupid. we will have them...
With our luck, they will be available for the 360, but not the PS3...
Old 07-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
New player models = new uniforms though. And since they found out last year that MS won't let EA charge for them, don't expect them to spend the money to create them again for free.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #29
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well it's been stated in several interviews with EA on or around Community Day that the game would ship with alternate jerseys.
Link?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resin
New player models = new uniforms though. And since they found out last year that MS won't let EA charge for them, don't expect them to spend the money to create them again for free.
Tweaks yes... totally new uniforms from scratch due to player models being changed slightly NO. we arent changing skins from a giraffe to a freaking zebra here. slight tweaks that's all. i would think that they spent 1/4 of the time tweaking than it took to create them from nothing.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Link?
I knew someone would ask, but to be honest I read interviews and articles all over the net. I think this one came from madsci's page though. Not sure.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Tweaks yes... totally new uniforms from scratch due to player models being changed slightly NO. we arent changing skins from a giraffe to a freaking zebra here. slight tweaks that's all. i would think that they spent 1/4 of the time tweaking than it took to create them from nothing.
You speak with authority. I take it you are a 3D artist? I can't believe the UVs would match up. Have you ever re-textured after changing a model? I always found it easier to just reskin it! And most teams have something here or there that they changed on their uniforms every year. I don't know... looking at the screenshots online, they do not appear to be the same uniforms as last year. But I don't really know for sure what EA did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »