Home

NCAA 08 Official Bugs and Glitches Thread (360 and PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 Official Bugs and Glitches Thread (360 and PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 AM   #57
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA 08 Official Bugs and Glitches Thread (360 and PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianslip
I am having trouble with the "auto-name rosters" feature in the game. I select the option to auto-name the rosters. The game then asks me if I want to save the current roster file (even though I don't have any roster files saved).

I have tried selecting both "yes" and "no" to the above question. Either way, the rosters still have "QB #11" etc. for all of the players.

One thing that I thought it might be was the fact that the game asks if you want to let the CPU auto-name any "unnamed" players. Technically, "QB #11" or whatever player, is "named" "QB #11". Maybe that is the reason the computer won't generate names for these players?

Anyone else try this or have problems with it?
Same problem now, but when I first started with the game it worked.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

wow so on the 1st play of my 1st game the other team's qb drops back then the whole screen goes white and said it was an incomplete pass. then it goes back to normal for the playcall but when the other team went to line up, there was no qb, so they couldn't snap the ball. there was a shadow just moving around the backfield but not underneath the center.

i saved the replay but it says the ea servers are down.

this is on ps3 by the way.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2
Interception issue (360) - Has anyone figured...

out a way to limit the CPU QB throwing INTs on the 360? I played several games on default All Pro (as Michigan) against top 25 teams and didn't feel the CPU threw too many INTs (not very often, anyway).

I then started playing Dynasty (again with Michigan) and started getting a ton of INTs against lesser QBs (I'm talking like 4-5 per game with 5 min. quarters). I gradually turned down my INT slider until it is now at zero (and my awareness slider is down to 5), yet I am still getting a lot of INTs, even against decent QBs. In fact, I seem to be getting more INTs now that I have turned the INT slider down, which could be due to the quality of the QBs.

I am wondering whether it might help to INCREASE my knockdown slider (since DBs might go for more swats than INTs). Has anyone tried this (my knockdown slider is currently at 35 or 40, I believe)? If so, does it seem to reduce INTs. If this doesn't work I think my only options are to lower all of my secondary players' (and LBs') catch settings to much lower numbers, or to try Heisman level (I like almost everything else at All American level, though, and I have my pass blocking slider turned up to 85, so I have a feeling there might be too many sacks if I move up to Heisman level). Any thoughts?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #60
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

Depth chart bug?

There seems to be a pretty nasty bug in the depth chart screens. The first change I make it works fine. All the names disappear for a second then the change is displayed. The players in the bottom half are now in reverse order with the lowest rated players at the top. If I then try to switch two players around that are in the depth chart already, I end up with the same player listed twice. Then the same thing happens where it disappears then the players are in reverse order. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've been able to work around it, but it is quite annoying. Not sure how this could have made it through QA.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Depth chart bug?

oh I know the answer!

post it in the bug thread? am I right mod?
http://twitter.com/AndyWestond < Its amazing how boring I am..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #62
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxx
oh I know the answer!

post it in the bug thread? am I right mod?
Yeah, yeah, I didn't see this thread before I posted.

I see others are having the same problem with the depth chart edit screen.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #63
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCoz
There seems to be a pretty nasty bug in the depth chart screens. The first change I make it works fine. All the names disappear for a second then the change is displayed. The players in the bottom half are now in reverse order with the lowest rated players at the top. If I then try to switch two players around that are in the depth chart already, I end up with the same player listed twice. Then the same thing happens where it disappears then the players are in reverse order. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've been able to work around it, but it is quite annoying. Not sure how this could have made it through QA.
yeah, we have been discussing this for a few days. read starting on page 2...
Old 07-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anyone have any lockups yet? I had one while editing my roster after about 20 minutes. First time my 360 has frozen up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »