Home

hurry up and wait...

This is a discussion on hurry up and wait... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
hurry up and wait...

So i go to my local gamestop for the midnight release they've been ranting about for about 3 months. I even got a call reminding me about it last week. Initially i wasn't going to go but changed my mind last minute. So, I drive to the gamestop and what do I see? Not the line of people I was expecting or even the few stragglers outside and several cars with people waiting.. NOPE not me. I'm greeted by a darkened, empty parking lot and a locked up store. Needless to say i was a little put out by this. I walk up to the door to see if theres any indication of life inside or at least maybe a sign that says "we've stepped out be right back" but nope. The sign on the door reads " Join us for the NCAA 2008 launch event on July 17, 2007. The store will be opening at 8am instead of 10am. Hope to see you there." At the very least you'd think they would have mentioned that they decided not to have the midnight opening after all. Oh well.

Sorry but i just had to share by frustrations with those who would understand as my girlfriend just kind of laughed at me for being an idiot and actually going at midnight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: hurry up and wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrat005
So i go to my local gamestop for the midnight release they've been ranting about for about 3 months. I even got a call reminding me about it last week. Initially i wasn't going to go but changed my mind last minute. So, I drive to the gamestop and what do I see? Not the line of people I was expecting or even the few stragglers outside and several cars with people waiting.. NOPE not me. I'm greeted by a darkened, empty parking lot and a locked up store. Needless to say i was a little put out by this. I walk up to the door to see if theres any indication of life inside or at least maybe a sign that says "we've stepped out be right back" but nope. The sign on the door reads " Join us for the NCAA 2008 launch event on July 17, 2007. The store will be opening at 8am instead of 10am. Hope to see you there." At the very least you'd think they would have mentioned that they decided not to have the midnight opening after all. Oh well.

Sorry but i just had to share by frustrations with those who would understand as my girlfriend just kind of laughed at me for being an idiot and actually going at midnight.
This is being discussed in the Hunting thread, and someone else said this happened to them. I would be pissed man.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: hurry up and wait...

Mods lock this up please. I copied and pasted it over into the hunting thread. My bad.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »