Home

Has the kicking game really been fixed?

This is a discussion on Has the kicking game really been fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #1
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Has the kicking game really been fixed?

I've played a few games on PLAY NOW and have not really seen much difference in the kicking game from last year. The FGs and XPs still seem to be automatic. Is it because I'm playing on HEISMAN. My settings on special teams are KICK PWR at 25 and KICK ACC at 0 for both CPU and USER.

Ex. Kevin Kelly (PSU) has KPW 87 and KAC 72 and just hit a 55 yd fg right down the middle.

The weird thing is the kicking game felt different on the DEMO. The ball seemed to float more. I'd like to hear about other experiences with the kicking game this year. Please advise what level your playing on and what your settings are in Special Teams since this may (or may not) make a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 12:56 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Has the kicking game really been fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I've played a few games on PLAY NOW and have not really seen much difference in the kicking game from last year. The FGs and XPs still seem to be automatic. Is it because I'm playing on HEISMAN. My settings on special teams are KICK PWR at 25 and KICK ACC at 0 for both CPU and USER.

Ex. Kevin Kelly (PSU) has KPW 87 and KAC 72 and just hit a 55 yd fg right down the middle.

The weird thing is the kicking game felt different on the DEMO. The ball seemed to float more. I'd like to hear about other experiences with the kicking game this year. Please advise what level your playing on and what your settings are in Special Teams since this may (or may not) make a difference.
You gotta move the FGA down to 40 for human, 35 for CPU, and 40 for human power and 35 for CPU for power. Then it's about perfect IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2007, 01:08 AM   #3
Rookie

morganic's Arena

OVR: 4

For me so far it seems like the kicking game is pretty good, except for the overly strong legs on the default sliders. I play on AA and in my dynasty with user Kick PWR at 45 and ACC at 50 I am 21/29 (72%) through 10 games, most of those misses have been 47 yds+, except for 2 or 3 shanks. Longest FG was 52 yds with a 11 mph wind with me, also missed missed one XP.

For the comp I just dropped the PWR to 30 from 40 because the 50 yarders still had too much leg, ACC is at 45. The comp is probably about 65% (around 35% from 40+ and about 90% from less than 35) in those games with 60% of attempts from 45+. I haven't tried out the 30 PWR but with the 40 most had enough leg to get through, they were just pushed or pulled slightly. I have seen the CPU push a 22 yd FG wide right from the left hash. The CPU has also missed two XPs.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 30

I haven't seen many misses on Heisman.

On a similar subject, what's up with the kicker ratings? They're all in the 50s and 60s, despite having 70s and 80s KPW and KAC.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:18 AM   #5
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

I can't beleive I'm admitting this but I missed an XP last night with Penn States kicker.

I seem to be less accurate kicking then I was last year. But it still seems like every kicker can kick it 50+ yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »