Home

NCAA Football 08 Review (360)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 Review (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #49
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 08 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I don't really feel compelled to write out a list of things I love, don't really have to.

All I need to know is that I can't wait to play the game when I finally have time at the end of the night, and it has completely engrossed me from the gameplay to the recruiting in dynasty mode etc. I'm sure if I took out my magnifying glass I could over analyze everything and talk my way out of the fun I'm having.

But I don't want that. I don't have to justify how great I think this game is. If there are too many things that hold it back from being fun for you I'm sorry. But tomato, tomahto, that's life. There's no scientific formula for a review score. If people look at the game differently than you, doesn't make them any less credible.
Agree. I wouldn't disagree with anything that Undefeated put on his list, yet none of those things are enough to lessen my desire to play the game. Like Clay and Terry I would give the game an 8. I guess I'm drinking from the same pitcher of Kool-Aid as they are, "Aah, it sure is delicious."

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Agree. I wouldn't disagree with anything that Undefeated put on his list, yet none of those things are enough to lessen my desire to play the game. Like Clay and Terry I would give the game an 8. I guess I'm drinking from the same pitcher of Kool-Aid as they are, "Aah, it sure is delicious."
I'm drinking EA Fanboy Kool-Ade cuz I'd give it a 9. I'm already in year 3 of my dynasty and I do all the recruiting. I'm married with child so I don't have much gaming time...but every minute of it has been dedicated to this game. After I stopped tripping over myself looking for sliders I haven't looked back. Maybe it's because the last few years have been so painful.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 10

Like i said before, Its the passing game and insane amount of turnovers that makes this game unbearable for me.

Passing is not an arbitrary issue, it is a bedrock aspect of game play that is a disaster in my opinion.

Between the superhuman AI of DBS and linebackers, and the terrible passing physics along with the computers turnovers, I just don't see how anyone can argue that the passing game isn't totally flawed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #52
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr

Whatever gets people their hour's worth of enjoyment, ya know?
Well said. At the end of day you'll play what you enjoy. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #53
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I'm drinking EA Fanboy Kool-Ade cuz I'd give it a 9. I'm already in year 3 of my dynasty and I do all the recruiting. I'm married with child so I don't have much gaming time...but every minute of it has been dedicated to this game. After I stopped tripping over myself looking for sliders I haven't looked back. Maybe it's because the last few years have been so painful.
Ah, you're just drinking the Kool-ade!

Just kidding--well said.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

At first I thought NCAA Football '08 was a 9+ game, truely outstanding. I had found football nirvana! Unfortunately, there came a gradual realization that against the CPU, the passing game is broken; DBs/LBs with eyes in the backs of their heads and uncanny reflexes, poor ball physics, CPU throwing interception fest, and lousy throwing touch.

And thus it dawned on me, I am Charlie Brown, aaugh. I herby award NCAA Football '08 this year's Lucy Award.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

Out of curosity, would anyone recommend this game for a long time Madden fan? I've never been that into college football, but it's starting to grow on me (now that I'm actually in college ) and I was thinking about buying this sucker to play alongside Madden this year.

Looks like prices on eBay are $40-45, so would it be worth that this year to try it out for someone whose played Madden football for the last 6 years? or should I just hold out for next year?

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this - didn't want to start a new thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #56
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightPyro
Out of curosity, would anyone recommend this game for a long time Madden fan? I've never been that into college football, but it's starting to grow on me (now that I'm actually in college ) and I was thinking about buying this sucker to play alongside Madden this year.

Looks like prices on eBay are $40-45, so would it be worth that this year to try it out for someone whose played Madden football for the last 6 years? or should I just hold out for next year?

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this - didn't want to start a new thread.
I haven't tried Madden 08 yet but I would say you should definately rent it and see if you will like it. I've always liked the pro game better but am a growing college fan that has preferred the NCAA game more the last couple years. The dynasty mode is just great fun. Combine that with a tremendous amount of teams with different styles and offenses and the game feels very fresh. The commentary is also far better than what Madden doesn't offer. I have read the passing controls are better in Madden so you may be frustrated by some of those things but you should definately check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »