Home

CPU interceptions in dynasty

This is a discussion on CPU interceptions in dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU interceptions in dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
my human INT and knockdown both are at 0 and i see 0-2 a game myself, and the compute sometimes passes for 300 yards on me so it's not lack of trying. however on occasion i do see a 3 or 4 int game. i've never seen these 7 or 8 ints games like people say either. and i use a good defensive team too, the buckeyes
I had 450 dropped on me the other night. i simply could not stop the CPU passing game and had to blitz like crazy and mix up coverages to even get them in 3rd and long. It was amazing.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I had 450 dropped on me the other night. i simply could not stop the CPU passing game and had to blitz like crazy and mix up coverages to even get them in 3rd and long. It was amazing.
I thought when i first read that you had 450 interceptions dropped, i'm like OH COME ON NOW, I DON'T BELIEVE THAT!! lol

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
my human INT and knockdown both are at 0 and i see 0-2 a game myself, and the compute sometimes passes for 300 yards on me so it's not lack of trying. however on occasion i do see a 3 or 4 int game. i've never seen these 7 or 8 ints games like people say either. and i use a good defensive team too, the buckeyes
It's pretty much the same for me. It's usually 1 or 2 ints but every 5th game or so it'll be 3 or 4. I did have one game 2 days ago where the CPU lost 5 fumbles and threw 4 ints.

It seems that bad things tend to snowball for the CPU once they start. Their 5 fumbles were within one quarter and the 4 picks were thrown in the last 4 minutes of the game. However the CPU still put up 20 points and had good yardage. The 4 picks came when the CPU was down 3 scores late in the game. It's a trend I've noticed that the CPU often throws picks late in the half or the game when trailing. As long as I don't return those for tds they don't really impact the game, just the stats.

I'm pleased with the game overall because even though the CPU turns the ball over a lot it puts up good numbers and points and is a challenge. I've found the flaws (high turnovers, high CPU completion %) balance themselves out to create a great challenging game.

I did make one house rule that I generally don't use the speed burst button when I get an int with clear sailing to the end zone. This has pretty much eliminated int returns for tds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 10:59 AM   #12
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
It's pretty much the same for me. It's usually 1 or 2 ints but every 5th game or so it'll be 3 or 4. I did have one game 2 days ago where the CPU lost 5 fumbles and threw 4 ints.

It seems that bad things tend to snowball for the CPU once they start. Their 5 fumbles were within one quarter and the 4 picks were thrown in the last 4 minutes of the game. However the CPU still put up 20 points and had good yardage. The 4 picks came when the CPU was down 3 scores late in the game. It's a trend I've noticed that the CPU often throws picks late in the half or the game when trailing. As long as I don't return those for tds they don't really impact the game, just the stats.

I'm pleased with the game overall because even though the CPU turns the ball over a lot it puts up good numbers and points and is a challenge. I've found the flaws (high turnovers, high CPU completion %) balance themselves out to create a great challenging game.

I did make one house rule that I generally don't use the speed burst button when I get an int with clear sailing to the end zone. This has pretty much eliminated int returns for tds.
I think you hit everything right on - I see the turnovers snowball - but I usually see 0-7 TOs per game combined, so I think it's OK. I also have a house rule about my picks - I must immediately try to get between the hash marks after getting a pick in the first 3 quarters, then in the 4th it's play to win. I find that it helps keep games close. Plus I think when they throw a INT that you return, the QB is shaken up, often prompting him to throw another one. Now I give the CPU QB time to regain his composure as well for the CPU defense to gain soem momentum with a stop, thus helping the entire CPU team.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I think you hit everything right on - I see the turnovers snowball - but I usually see 0-7 TOs per game combined, so I think it's OK. I also have a house rule about my picks - I must immediately try to get between the hash marks after getting a pick in the first 3 quarters, then in the 4th it's play to win. I find that it helps keep games close. Plus I think when they throw a INT that you return, the QB is shaken up, often prompting him to throw another one. Now I give the CPU QB time to regain his composure as well for the CPU defense to gain soem momentum with a stop, thus helping the entire CPU team.
So you'll give the computer CPU an inspirational talking to huh? Like the scene from Any Given Sunday, the game of inches speech?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »