Home

Please Help - Can't get any recruits to sign in-season

This is a discussion on Please Help - Can't get any recruits to sign in-season within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
Rookie

virgil's Arena

OVR: 4
Please Help - Can't get any recruits to sign in-season

I thought I was doing everything right; ranking the most important prospects, staying in my 20 most important recruits top 3's, calling them every week until I found their 3 biggest interests, and going undefeated to the championship game. Now yes, I am Syracuse and only a 3 star program. But I only went after four 5* players, thirteen 4* players, and the rest were 3*. I am about to play the championship game and I haven't signed a single recruit. I don't get it. What am I doing wrong?

The only thing that I can assume is that I am not talking to these guys enough each week. They always all have the big cheese on their faces when I get done with them. Am I supposed to Hard pitch their top 3 every week?

I could really use some help here cause it is really frusturating. They all have me with the most interest and top 3, and either they still haven't signed or ditch me for someone else at the last minute.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Please Help - Can't get any recruits to sign in-season

me neither.
i was playing as illini.

i maybe could get 1 in season commit, but everyone else came around during the first two weeks of offseason.

are you scheduling late or early visits?
are you spending alot of time on one recruit?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

i am using ohio state and i am having the same problem. when i look at the top classes i see all the other schools signing a bunch of recruits and i only have one! does it matter when you offer the player a scholarship? i offered all of mine within the first 2 or 3 weeks of the season.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2

I use Fresno State and I'm lucky to get more than 1 in season recruit per season, and I win 8+ games every year. Does anyone know if it helps to offer *later* instead of right away? Because I always offer asap
Old 08-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #5
Rookie

Recruiting Revealed. LONG

That link should help big time.
I'm doing my dynasty with San Jose State trying to unlock the 1Star to 6Star Achievement.
I went 5-7 and was able to recruit the 40th best class in the draft. Had I seen this link earlier in the season I might've picked up a few recruits I missed out on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
Rookie

freudianslip's Arena

I'll chime in here. I am using Miami in a sim-only dynasty. I have just finished year #2. I have turned off all CPU recruiting assistance, including telephone and scholarship assistance.

For some reason I am able to land a number of recruits during the in-season recruiting period. In year #1, I landed 11 in-season recruits 8 of which were 4-star or above. In year #2, I also landed 11 in-season recruits, including a 5-star recruit, 7 4-star recruits and 3 3-star recruits.

I have specifically been targeting players in my pipeline states (currently FL, GA, TX and AL). Also, I have been ranking players on my recruiting board primarily based on caliber and need.

What I have found to be working is to try to unlock as many pitches as possible and to focus on 16-18 recruits. Even though I fill up my recruiting board with 35 recruits, I really don't even speak with recruits listed 18 and below. Obviously, when I unlock a pitch in a category where I am strong, I then continually hard sell the pitch(es) to the recruit. I am sure to do this EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Also, I try to sway pitches when I am weak and they are high on the recruit's priority list in order to dissusade them from signing with a competitor. In the case of recruits from Texas, even though I am only "very good" in terms of proximity to home, I try to unlock this pitch and sway them away from it. This puts other Texas-based schools in at a disadvantage if I am successful.

Check the link above this post for some good information.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #7
Rookie

virgil's Arena

OVR: 4

I offer scholarships immediately. I also schedule the visits the minute they want to come and see the school. For most of my recruits, that was in weeks 5 or 6. Both weeks, I beat a top 10 team. Every week, I would Hard Sell atleast 1 high priority to my recruits from the top of my list to the bottom, and just stop down the list until I ran out of time.

The only thing that I appear to not be doing is swaying pitches. My problem with that is, I find it hard to believe that just that one simple thing is the difference between me getting absolutely no recruits in season, to any.

If there are any other questions you want to ask, please feel free cause I really want to figure out what I am doing wrong.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
Rookie

jayo's Arena

I usually offer scholarships immediately, and usually land several 4/5* recruits in season. One season at Georgia, I landed 10 5* recruits, the next closest only had 3. Hah.

A big thing for me in landing in season recruits is to schedule them for visits as soon as possible. You want to get them to come to you, before they go to anybody else because that is when they are most likely to commit. They come in, you promise them a number (usually #50, wtf is up with that?) or a position that they're already playing (okay 5* DT, you can be promised the DT position.) and they commit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »