Home

The worst game I ever had last night...

This is a discussion on The worst game I ever had last night... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: The worst game I ever had last night...

Week 2, Year 2.

#11 Nebraska @ #6 Michigan (me).

Great matchup. A sort of 'settle the score' game for the split NC in '97; both teams are an A overall.

Sliders are in good shape, given that I beat a pathetic (C- overall) BYU team in week one by the appropriate score of 38-10.

No.

Nebraska throws five first half interceptions. Four more in the second half.

59-6 final score.

The icing on the cake is that the performance doesn't even move me up in the polls. In fact, I lost the one first place vote I had.

I just don't know how much more I can take of this.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #10
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I sucked last night en route to an 0-3 start. The fumbles in the rain really hurt but what hurt the most was throwing a red zone INT they returned 99 yards for a TD.
  1. I score first and go up 7-0.
  2. They kick a FG: 7-3.
  3. I fumble the ensuing kickoff which is returned for a TD (missed XP). I'm losing 9-7 and ticked.
  4. Trade field goals 12-10 and I have the ball.
  5. 3rd down red zone INT returned 99 yards leaves me down 19-10 instead of me playing it smart and kicking a FG to go up 13-12.
  6. Left dejected, frustrated and demoralized I fail to score the rest of the way and lose my third game of the year. I lost a total of 4 fumbles and with both a fumble and INT return for scores I had no chance to pull it out. I suck. I am amazed at how easy a CPU player can scoop up their own fumble while my players are clueless.
Yeah, I love how when your guy fumbles he lays on the field as if he was shot with a bazooka, with the ball sitting right next to him.

I forgot to put this in my original post - the game tying INT for TD happened with 1:50 on the clock. Purdue ran two plays (up 21-14), after which I called timeout. Then on 3rd down they pass for the first. I don't use the last TO and the clocks' tickin'. On first down they throw a ball to the left flat, INT, TD. So in this game I have every concevable problem with NCAA 08:

1 - Fumblitis
2 - Wacky Offensive AI
3 - User INTs, though I had 3, one in OT and one on a Hail Mary - not bad. The problem was returning 2 for TDs.
4 - defensive players facing the wrong way
5 - FG video hiccup
6 - CPU trying 2 FGs well out of the kickers range.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #11
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Week 2, Year 2.

#11 Nebraska @ #6 Michigan (me).

Great matchup. A sort of 'settle the score' game for the split NC in '97; both teams are an A overall.

Sliders are in good shape, given that I beat a pathetic (C- overall) BYU team in week one by the appropriate score of 38-10.

No.

Nebraska throws five first half interceptions. Four more in the second half.

59-6 final score.

The icing on the cake is that the performance doesn't even move me up in the polls. In fact, I lost the one first place vote I had.

I just don't know how much more I can take of this.

Wow 9 picks - I haven't seen anything like that, only 0-3 per game. Do you have INT and KCKDWN at 0? My sliders are in the slider area, I don't see that at all.

Here they are - I actually have INTs at 30 based on soem theories that that at 0 it caused QB issues.

AA - 7 min quarters 360

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 45 50
PASS BLK 60 50
WR CATCH 30 30
RB ABLTY 50 50
RUN BLK 40 65

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 30 45
KNKDWNS 0 0
INT 30 30
BRK BLK 40 45
TKL 35 40

Last edited by mdgoalie37; 08-09-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
6 - CPU trying 2 FGs well out of the kickers range.
This is a problem with the game. Why on earth does EA think kickers should be trying 56 yard field goals in college? I've reduced the FG length on both human and cpu sliders since the kickers all have super strong legs but the cpu doesn't recognize this. They still attempt the 56 yard field goal and I know it will never get there. Even worse, Nessler will say "Its long enough" when it isn't. Definately a problem with the AI there.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This is a problem with the game. Why on earth does EA think kickers should be trying 56 yard field goals in college? I've reduced the FG length on both human and cpu sliders since the kickers all have super strong legs but the cpu doesn't recognize this. They still attempt the 56 yard field goal and I know it will never get there. Even worse, Nessler will say "Its long enough" when it isn't. Definately a problem with the AI there.
Yeah , they rarely should try if the LOS is outside the 30, 32 at the longest, unless they have a 99 leg stregth kicker.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #14
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Wow 9 picks - I haven't seen anything like that, only 0-3 per game. Do you have INT and KCKDWN at 0?
I was using the AA sliders mudtiger recently posted in his slider log thread for that game.

Edit: Plus I play 10 minute quarters - of course you'd see fewer picks than me; that's 12 fewer minutes per game.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-09-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:25 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

How the hell do you play 10 minute quarters? That's like a two hour game!

Super sim?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 04:23 AM   #16
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangauler
How the hell do you play 10 minute quarters? That's like a two hour game!

Super sim?
LOL ... no, I just play it out. Frankly, 11 minutes would seem the right number to get a realistic number of plays, so actually I'm still cutting a (1 minute) corner.

To be honest, though, it is getting harder and harder. The last game I played was 9 minutes, and I'm now considering 8. I'm thinking accurate play counts might be worth sacrificing for a smoother gaming experience.

The 10-minutes games are great through three quarters or so, but getting through that fourth quarter is pretty tasking. It's like say you have a 27-13 lead late in the 3rd, you feel like you've got a realistic score, it's been a great game, and the game's in the bag. Then you realize there's still, um, FOREVER left to play.

Yeah, screw it. My next game's gonna be at 8.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-10-2007 at 04:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »