Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
Rookie

tarheel2069's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 09 Wishlist 360/PS3

In Legend mode, the team you sign with should use that teams playbook. I signed with West Virginia as a RB, thinking I would get to run the option, all we did was run the same 20 or so vanilla high school plays.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

As for presentation, the only thing that I desperately want is team specific entrances. Even if they did a generic whole team coming out, a generic whole team coming out lead by a mascot (think FSU, Texas, Oklahoma, etc.) and a couple of specific ones every year (Michigan, Clemson, Tennessee, etc.) I would be happy.

Depth charts have to be totally put back to last gen settings. Using the L2 and R2 scroll system was a terrible choice. All the bugs need to be gone (lowest rated players appearing first, open slots not being filled, horrible cpu fillings, having to confirm changes after every player)

More emphasis on knockdowns rather than interceptions. I wish they could make the sliders affect the average number of X in a game rather than increase or decrease ability. What I mean is that with int and knockdowns at 50, on average, you should have around the average number of picks in college football. Hell, I would do the research to find that number. If you raise the sliders to 100, then you should get double the average number of picks in a game. If you lower it to 0, then you should get half. Basically, sliders that actually work.

Simple last gen features should be in. Auto subs and line protect definitely.

I know it might cause some cheesing but I wish you could bring a man in motion and bring him back whenever you want. Even if they had it where you could bring him in motion, but once you bring him back, he has to stay going in that direction would be fine.

Refs, chain gangs, and sidelines with coaches would be nice as long as it doesn't slow down the fps.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
Rookie

minister's Arena

OVR: 5

I would like to see coach mode brought back to NCAA and Madden.

NCAA- start will a small school, win games get new contracts
Madden- start as a off cord. or def cord., then get head coaching contracts as
you improve as a off coach or def coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Just wanted to add that I'd like the game sped up a bit. I also would like them to introduce QB accuracy ratings for short, medium and deep passes (or at least two categories). Sliders for fatigue, injuries and fumbles would be nice.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Rudy hit the nail on the head with most of the complaints.

My biggest are:

1) User passing/touch passing. If this is not fixed I absolutely will not buy '09. This became a gamekiller for me, I bought '08 on original Xbox this weekend and am much happier than w. the 360 version.

2) The depth charts. They are too brutal to bare in '08.

3) Turnovers on both sides of the ball, especially when the CPU is on offense.

The NCAA series' transition from last-gen to current-gen is an example of "You don't realize what you've got til it's gone." From the great presentation, lighting quick depth charts, ability to R-click a player in-game to look at their season stats, the precision passing system, in-depth dynasty mode, alternate uniforms, etc.

If you think about it, NCAA '09 will already be the third installment on current gen. The third installment on last-gen was the famed NCAA '04, the consensus best version of NCAA. It will be a small miracle if '09 is even close to what '04 was when it was first released.

I obviously don't know exactly how the dev teams work, but why the hell can't the just divide each section of the game up? One group works on gameplay, one works on presentation, one works on dynasty mode, etc. Is it simply a manpower issue?

I mean, they put in something like the Shrine and the ability to save videos and upload them to the net, but I can't throw a lob pass unless it's 40 yards down field?

The "we don't have time" and "maybe next year" excuses aren't cutting it, especially since these games are unplayable for the most part. NCAA '02 and '03 were very playable games, they weren't perfect but at least you could play multiple years in dynasty mode. I couldn't do that in '07 and I can't do it on '08. I enjoy '08 on 360 from time to time in an exhibition game against a friend. Dynasty? No way. A game against the CPU? Nope.

It baffles me how the 360 is so powerful yet it's load time is as bad as I can ever remember NCAA. How can the 360 be so slow when maneuvering through depth charts. This is not what I, or anyone I hope, expected from the current-gen systems and games.
Well said! I really wish EA would take at least some of these requests to heart, and quit giving us new (useless) options that you never hear any of us asking for. All that extra fluff crap like uploading videos is a joke imo .... just give us better gameplay, better presentation (hometown crowd doesn't cheer when the away team scores), and the old reliable menus back! Up to this point, all EA has done is essentially downgrade a game that was pretty good on last-gen.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

My biggest pet peeve is the lack of the matchup stick. If you want to make it harder to throw the deep ball, fine, but at least let me see where the weak points are in the secondary so that I can attack them!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #15
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I like to be able create plays, formation, and playbooks
I like to be able to take my created plays, formation, and playbooks online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #16
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

1. A dynamic, intuitive, intelligent crowd.

I've been asking for this for years. I've made so many posts about it, in fact, that out of spite I'm not going to elaborate. Watch a football game, EA, pay close attention to the crowd, and try to do something similar with your game. That's all I'm going to say.

2. 'Chess on grass' AI logic/playcalling.

Simply put, the CPU needs to have some kind of discernable gameplan at any given point that we can then either exploit or fail to exploit. If I'm losing, I want it to be because I'm confused; if I'm winning, I want it to be because I've figured out what they're trying to do and am calling my plays accordingly. The basic idea is pretty simple: the CPU needs to hunt for something that works, and when they find it, they need to do it until it doesn't work anymore - rinse and repeat. The essence of football is found in the balance of that very dynamic, and it is lacking in this franchise.

3. Realistic (i.e. multiple-player) celebrations.

Again, just watch a football game, EA, pay close attention to how players (yes, playersss) react after a TD or big defensive play, and try to do something similar with your game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »