Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #273
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkellEy0133
I would like to see 85 available scholarships, instead of just 70.
Everyone wants this; but just a heads up: Adam said it was a BIG deal to do. Probably still won't see it for a long while yet.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 1

slowly but surely the small things i have been wanting have been gettin put on the game, so my wish list isnt to deep!

i have seen that people feel that the game should get rid of the legend and mascot games. i agree that the mascot games should go on the 360 and ps3, i dont know anybody that actually plays it. keep it for the wii because kids would like it.

1. i would like to see the east west shrine game or any kind of senior bowl come back to the game.

2. do like on college basketball and have the army senior game for high school athletes. this can be done for the dynasty mode as well as the campus legend mode.

3. make it so that quarterbacks can throw the ball down field again, as well get rid of all of the unwarranted turnovers, and have authentic game entrences as they used to (the U coming out of the tunnel of smoke)

4. i would like to see the spring games come back

5. im a fan of simple stuff since this is stuff i actually do when i play football. so i would like to see more spike selections like how they do on nba live, different items to be put on but keep it tasteful and with- in the team concept as well as ncaa regulations, so no colored gloves or randomly colored visors.

6. i like what i see with the end zone celebrations but with all the extra that they are doing i hope that a penalty follows or its not exciting. if i flip into the end zone i want to get that penalty for it like in real life.

7. i would like to see different running styles on players. smooth runners like desean jackson or a bucking style runner like barry sanders or adrian peterson.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:00 AM   #275
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Everyone wants this; but just a heads up: Adam said it was a BIG deal to do. Probably still won't see it for a long while yet.
Where did he say that? That's been a pet peeve of mine for years. I'd like to understand why it's so hard. Maybe then I could just forget about it.

The game would be exponentially cooler with every scholarship player along with walkons. I'd like 100. I figured it out once in this thread but I don't want to find it now so I'll just do it. Here it goes.

Recruits - number wouldn't increase, or wouldn't increase much. They already let you sign 25, which is the limit with a larger roster as well.

Roster - number would increase. Now - 70 players x 120 teams = 8,400. Truly next gen - 100 players x 120 teams - 12,000.

3,600 spots is nothing to sneeze at. But I don't understand how they were able to go from 55 to 70 during one year. Which added 1800 roster spots. But they can't do that again?

EDIT:

Okay, I found what he said. Took me an hour or so. On page ~23 of his Q/A thread.

"1. Still 70. It was a HUGE task to expand them from 55 to 70 a few years ago. Every spot we add has a big impact on memory, DB sizes, Dynasty mode logic, recruiting, and other things. That's probably why it was only expanded 15 last time."

I still think they need to do it.

Last edited by radoslaw77; 06-29-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 01:22 AM   #276
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

i posted this in another thread but wanted a little more feedback for my idea.

so i don't know if anyone has thought of something like this but here goes....

dynasty mode always begins the same way. (i'm assuming it will do the same in 09) you pick a school and name the coach. what if dynasty mode started right after the national championship game and gave a year in review. of course this is where improved presentation would come in. after a rundown of how the year went, coaching vacancies could be listed and talked about. why the previous coach left or was fired etc. then you the user could apply for one or more of the jobs and give the schools reasons why they should hire you. kind of like recruiting. you could tell the ad that if he gives you 5 years, you'll win the national championship. then you talk contract with the school and ad. then you take a job.

well now you need to assemble a coaching staff. this could get way too detailed. but maybe if ea limited teams to a head coach, assistant coach, offense coord, def. coord. and sp teams coach, it wouldn't such an undertaking. ea could take a page from college hoops and let each coach have certain qualities. maybe one is a better recruiter. maybe one's a better teacher.

now it's time for the late signing period. you could almost use the 5 week recruiting idea from last gen ncaa's.

then spring football arrives. go through practices and choose what each player or positions need to work on. now honestly i hate these parts of sports games because it gets real tedious and boring. so maybe ea could come up with a simple and quick way to sim practices.

spring football game! this could actually be a lot of fun. work on gaining fan's attendance each year to this.

i guess here the 'old' dynasty could begin. choose your new targets to recruit. schedule teams. depth chart. etc. maybe have a nice preseason show talking about how spring practices and such went. blah blah blah.

really, i don't think all of this would too challenging to put together. this would really add a lot to dynasty mode. people have said dynasty mode has gotten old, but this would certainly freshen it up.

lastly........ for the love of God can we get potential ratings in recruiting. i'm pretty sure this wasn't in 08.

i also forgot to add that after every season you could go through the same off season. year in review, apply for a new job, etc. maybe some of your coaching staff moves on to become a head coach somewhere. am i missing any other crucial off season processes?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 2

The thing I wish that EA would add is when a coach changes teams that team that coach takes over they now take over his playbook. If the previous coach ran a 3-4 defense and now the new coach runs a 4-3 defense then that's what the team does. And the same applies to offense as well. I want to see different kick return plays and different kickoffs. Not all teams run the exact return schemes. I want to see weather be more of an issue. If it's raining out and the field is sloppy then the football players footing needs to be affected. If you play in weather where it's hot I want to see players be effected by the heat. I want the commentators to speak about the things that are going on in he game. If I have a stud freshmen starting at tailback then mention that he is a true freshmen. If I have a guy that is being voted for the heisman then speak about him being a candidate for the heisman. If my team is blowing teams out then speak about it. Just a couple of ideas I have that I wish was added. I'll Holla 5000
Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #278
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

It has probably been mentioned but I would love to have the coach options for each team available outside of dynasty so we can tweak offensive and defensive strategies for teams on the front end as well as name the coaches.

It would also be neat if certain teams had the option to schedule neutral site games for some teams in the schedule edit menu. Like the Washington schools being able to schedule games at Qwest Field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »