Home

Help with Recruiting

This is a discussion on Help with Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Help with Recruiting

Man that is not good to hear, I created one prospect and he is a 6'4 WR with 99 speed. I'm #1 with him right now, but he took his visit the 4th game of the season. How can I make sure I don't lose him?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

I have a lot of guys visit early in the year and I still get them, so don't worry.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

early recruiting visits = disaster.

my first year i didnt know any better and inked a player to visit wheneva i knew enuff about him, that wasnt good because teams jumped over me when their later visits came up.

i suggest late visits.

oh, and i rarely get any inseason recruits. maybe 1-2 the last couple of weeks.
i usually just have myself in a real good position to sign most of the guys on my board during the first two weeks of offseason.

i did just get a commitment from a 3star rb from florida in like week 4. i was surprised.
thats good because i can go after a blue chip rb now and not have to worry about him not signing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #12
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Early recruiting can work with guys that already have big interest in your school. You can get out to a huge lead in interest or get a guy early. It's tough with 3*** and above guys because a lot of them don't show an early favorite.

You just need to figure out what he likes quickly and then keep hard selling him on your school every week if he doesn't bite after his visit.

In my air force dynasty, I got 5 guys to sign during the year (4 in week 9 after a visit), including an in state 4 star ath. Talk to them early to lock as many areas as possible (the ones that match your strengths first). If you win the game when they visit, hard sell them on their most/very highs that match your strengths, and then offer a scholarship the week after their visit.

If they don't bite, check their interest every week. If you don't have a huge lead, you have to hard sell them on the strengths of your school that they are interested in. Consider moving them up your board too if you really want the guy. Also check out what schools they are visiting, you may have to pay special attention to a guy if he goes to a win at another school.

Last edited by mudtiger; 08-16-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

That reminds me. When is a good time to offer a scholarship? So far I've been offering them as soon as I can.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #14
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by House
Do you hard pitch every category that he has listed as very high, or just the one that says "most"?
I hard pitch just the category that says "most". I'm playing as Pitt, so it is probably easier for me to recruit, they were a 4 my first year and are now a 5 star in my second year.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #15
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by House
That reminds me. When is a good time to offer a scholarship? So far I've been offering them as soon as I can.
I think I read somewhere that people wait until they schedule a visit, but I do it as soon as I can. I lost a kicker that was interested in me and I think it was because I didn't offer sooner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #16
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I learned my lesson from the first season. I only go after around 13-15 guys in season and rank them Needs First, then Wants on down. I make sure I reserve most of my time for those positions I need then go after those highly sought 5 star wants of mine. Like someone said, i unlock everything I am Elite in first and go down from there. If they are low, I keep trying to sway. Because I don't fill up a lot of slots, time isn't too much of an issue.

I haven't gotten anyone committed yet, I'm in weeks six and the only really big home game I have is against Auburn (Got Notre Dame coming up but I'm not bringing anyone in), so they are all set up for a week 13 visit. I am still pretty high on most of their lists though. My plan is to get them Very High on everything I can sway them in, it's working for the most part.

I offer scholarships based on where I am n there lists. If I am not Top 5, then I offer as it gives you a little boost on the list. Also, if they were planning to commit early to some other school, they take a second thought. If I'm in the top 5 already then I know my chances on them are good already, they are already considering me heavily. So I just find their sweet spots ad hard pitch, until later on, if I see I am slipping, I go ahead and offer to get that boost.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »