Home

transfers!!!

This is a discussion on transfers!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
transfers!!!

It seems like alot of my players that are starters want to transfer. I spend my recruiting time week 1 convincing players to stick around. Anyone else getting this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: transfers!!!

Only one season played, only had one transfer on me and that guy got no pt nor was going to get any. I didn't spend any time on him.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 08-19-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #3
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I wish I had known you could convince them to stay. At the end of my 2nd season, I had 2 freshmen DEs and a freshman FB all transfer. All of them were starters the entire season and all of their promises were kept, yet they all bolted for different schools.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I think this is a bug that ties into the promise system. I have only had one transfer in 3 seasons and it was a backup HB that hadn't seen any PT and wasn't going to. I have only made two or three promises in recruiting and I'm not seeing any unreasonable transfers at all.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had two punters and two linebackers want to transfer last season. Now I sort of understood why one of the punters wanted to leave since I had promised him playing time but ended up only using him for kick offs (sweet leg). I guess my starting punter was upset that I didn't have enough punting situation fourth downs.

As for my linebackers, I have no clue to what they were thinking. One was an All-Freshman at ROLB and the other, a freshman as well, was the second ILB in my 3-4 defense. Needless to say, I let the second punter walk, and kept everyone else. Took about 1.5 hours to get them all to stay. Besides the stupidity of them requesting to transfer, I wasn't too upset about using recruiting hours on them because even though I only signed a single player during the season, I was either #1 or #2 on the remaining recruits lists and all it took was a series week 1 home visits (A+ rating across the board) to sign a majority of the recruits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I just simmed to the end of my season to play around with season end, and two TE's and my kicker (all freshmen) put in requests to transfer. I promised all of them no redshirt and playing time, and fulfilled all the promises. So are these crazy transfer requests related to promises? It sort of sounds like it might be, based on what you guys are saying as well. I might want to re-think promising anybody anything if it makes them prone to transferring, which is really stupid if you fulfill the promise.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:14 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I just simmed to the end of my season to play around with season end, and two TE's and my kicker (all freshmen) put in requests to transfer. I promised all of them no redshirt and playing time, and fulfilled all the promises. So are these crazy transfer requests related to promises? It sort of sounds like it might be, based on what you guys are saying as well. I might want to re-think promising anybody anything if it makes them prone to transferring, which is really stupid if you fulfill the promise.

I usually only promise a win vs my rival (UCF) because they suck and National Exposure to recruits that I know I am most likely to get

For recruits that Im stretching for I promise then everything but the kitchen sink just to see if they will come but so far no one has

I had 2 players who were incumbant starters want to transfer to Ga Tech and another who was all-conf as a FR want to transfer to Duke....i had to talk all of them into staying because they are crucial to my team this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »