Home

6 Un-defeated teams!!!!!!

This is a discussion on 6 Un-defeated teams!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
6 Un-defeated teams!!!!!!

So in my Cal dynasty, some shananigans took place. I go un-defeated (12-0) and figure I'm in line to play in the NC, being i'm in the Pac-10 and played a pretty tough schedule. So I go check out the rankings. There are 6 un-defeated teams at the end of the year!!!!!!! They were Cal (me), Oklahoma, Penn St., Hawaii, Florida St. and TCU. I end up playing TCU in the Rose Bowl and beating them 42-10. They were just over matched. Oklahoma played Penn St. in the NC game and Oklahoma won 31-21. I thought that was kinda funny how many teams were un-defeated. Pretty crazy. The good news is, 4 players wanted to leave early for the draft, and I talked them all into staying. I'm pretty loaded for year 2!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 6 Un-defeated teams!!!!!!

I had my sophomore kicker try to leave. Of the 6 I had that wanted to leave/transfer I got 5 of them back.

My new thing though is that if they want to transfer I let them. Kinda just a house rule for me...not really sure how accurate or realistic.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
I had my sophomore kicker try to leave. Of the 6 I had that wanted to leave/transfer I got 5 of them back.

My new thing though is that if they want to transfer I let them. Kinda just a house rule for me...not really sure how accurate or realistic.
Probably anyone who was the backup would be a pretty good houserule.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thats the house rule I use. If the player wants to transfer I let them, I also don't try and talk others into staying.....It makes it that much tougher to win sometimes.....
Old 08-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

It was that way in NCAA 07 too. Way too many undefeated teams every year. Not such a big deal usually if you are playing the games and winning decisively every week, but really frustrating when you sim the games and try to win with recruiting/coaching strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah it seems in every dynasty TCU or North Texas get really good after a couple of years and are always in the hunt for the NC or some big bowl. I hate that.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Yeah it seems in every dynasty TCU or North Texas get really good after a couple of years and are always in the hunt for the NC or some big bowl. I hate that.

I've definately seen TCU go undefeated and usually either West VA or L'ville from the Big East will go undefeated....although USC has won 3 straight NC's in my game...they havent lost a game yet in my dynasty and im in YR4
Old 08-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
Rookie

jayo's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yeah it seems in every dynasty TCU or North Texas get really good after a couple of years and are always in the hunt for the NC or some big bowl.
I'm currently doing a mostly-sim dynasty where I've bounced around to several schools. I'm in year 24 or 25, and both TCU and North Texas are really good, having had undefeated seasons and are regularly in the top 20 now. A bigger shocker than that though, is that Baylor has become a huge powerhouse, going undefeated and even playing (and losing to) Ohio State for a national title. I've also seen Arkansas St, Louisiana Tech, and both Western & Eastern Michigan become Top 25 fixtures.

I had a good 7 year stretch when I was coaching at Penn State, where I played Arkansas/Virginia Tech in EVERY national title game. I played 4 straight vs Arkansas and won them all, then 2 straight against VaTech losing the 2nd, then Arkansas again, which I won again. In 7 seasons at Penn State I was 90-1 having only lost one game vs VaTech in the National Title game, I simmed most of the games, including all of the National Title games. The only games I played were late season games vs top 5 opponents. Kind of crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »