Home

Any "official" word on alternate uniforms yet?

This is a discussion on Any "official" word on alternate uniforms yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Any "official" word on alternate uniforms yet?

By "the holidays" I meant Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years timeframe, thus the pluralization.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #10
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
By "the holidays" I meant Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years timeframe, thus the pluralization.
Why the **** would it take EA Christmas to get out alternate uniforms??? That's insane and lazy. Either put them in the **** game to begin with or release them in a timely fashion. Geez. Sometimes I wonder how EA does it.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-29-2007, 04:02 PM   #11
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Why the **** would it take EA Christmas to get out alternate uniforms??? That's insane and lazy. Either put them in the **** game to begin with or release them in a timely fashion. Geez. Sometimes I wonder how EA does it.
......and yet we all allow them to do it with no vaseline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

One of the previous posters 100% nailed why this is so frustrating.

For the most part, all of this stuff is ALREADY in the game! A lot of teams "alternate jerseys" just consist of wearing the home jersey with road pants, home pants with road jersey, etc. etc. I understand that circumstances exist where new things would have to be designed (ND's green jersey, Georgia Tech's jersey, Oregon's 1000 different combinations, etc.) but come on it's not like we're talking about creating something infinitely difficult here. There are people on the 'net who can mod an entire MLB uniform set for MVP 2005 in like a week, and we have to wait 4 months for these? I just don't get it.

I mean I think we all KNOW that EA Sports workers read these message boards, get the vibe, and wonder to themselves "why are we hated so much? we make all these great selling games and yet still all we do is get criticized"

THESE things are the reason for that. The little things. The things that should be so blatantly obvious, that you shouldn't even need to have a conference call about, or whatever. They should be there from the beginning, PERIOD. I would wager a pretty good amount of money that just about EVERYONE on this message board would've gladly given up a recruiting system where you make phone call pitches for 10 hours a week to recruits for things like field goal nets, referrees, chain gangs, alternate uniforms, and more than 1 camera angle. Is that REALLY all that difficult to understand?

It would be like making a baseball game where you have the ability to set ticket prices, but there are no umpires on the field, no foul poles, the batter's box isn't painted white, and you only have 1 close-up fielding view.

The little things should be the absolute EASIEST things to accomplish in sports games like this yet every single year people have to wonder "what did they skip this year?"

I'm not someone that is overly devastated and pissed off about the above things, because in the end it's my money and if I spend it, all I am is an enabler. And that's fine. But EA Sports should never, EVER sit around and wonder about why their games get negative publicity because if they do, they have no idea what their "It's in the Game" slogan means. No idea at all.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #13
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580

For the most part, all of this stuff is ALREADY in the game! A lot of teams "alternate jerseys" just consist of wearing the home jersey with road pants, home pants with road jersey, etc. etc. I understand that circumstances exist where new things would have to be designed (ND's green jersey, Georgia Tech's jersey, Oregon's 1000 different combinations, etc.) but come on it's not like we're talking about creating something infinitely difficult here. There are people on the 'net who can mod an entire MLB uniform set for MVP 2005 in like a week, and we have to wait 4 months for these? I just don't get it.

I mean I think we all KNOW that EA Sports workers read these message boards, get the vibe, and wonder to themselves "why are we hated so much? we make all these great selling games and yet still all we do is get criticized"

THESE things are the reason for that. The little things. The things that should be so blatantly obvious, that you shouldn't even need to have a conference call about, or whatever. They should be there from the beginning, PERIOD. I would wager a pretty good amount of money that just about EVERYONE on this message board would've gladly given up a recruiting system where you make phone call pitches for 10 hours a week to recruits for things like field goal nets, referrees, chain gangs, alternate uniforms, and more than 1 camera angle. Is that REALLY all that difficult to understand?

It would be like making a baseball game where you have the ability to set ticket prices, but there are no umpires on the field, no foul poles, the batter's box isn't painted white, and you only have 1 close-up fielding view.

The little things should be the absolute EASIEST things to accomplish in sports games like this yet every single year people have to wonder "what did they skip this year?"

I'm not someone that is overly devastated and pissed off about the above things, because in the end it's my money and if I spend it, all I am is an enabler. And that's fine. But EA Sports should never, EVER sit around and wonder about why their games get negative publicity because if they do, they have no idea what their "It's in the Game" slogan means. No idea at all.
Excellent post man!! I think that sums up alot of feelings regarding EA..by the way I consider myself an enabler as well...(lol)
Old 08-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #14
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580

Frankly, without the recruitin system, this game is nothing worth mentioning. To me, the recruiting is what makes tis game good - without it it's "meh". And I couldn't care less about refs or field goal nets or chain gangs. I'm not sure why people care. I don't even notice that they aren't there. I do sorely miss alt unis, but really, the refs play no role in my enjoyment of the game. I'm okay with them being gone, and I really don't care if they ever put them back. I don't notice them when they are there, so why should they be. I play the game for the teams, not the zebas.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:39 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is simply stupid. Last year, they weren't in the game... took too long to get them out, finally released them when the season was almost over.

Now... any normal person, who runs a business would say, man we really messed that up. We have to options... we can start on this stuff now to get them done before the game comes out...... OR.... we have a good month before the season starts and when the game is released, we should have time then, we could finish them right when the season starts.

Now... this is what EA says, Guys, I don't think people want Jerseys when the season is already over... nah its ok, lets just give it to them.... that might have been too late.....yeah, we always have next year..... yeah...... hey! did you guys do the jerseys yet?.... me?..... .. Man.. we did it agian.

This is pretty simple, 1 Camara Angle, 2 Jerseys, A depth chart that doesn't work, no create a team, the least we can get is alternate jerseys... ON TIME! EA is getting beyond a Joke. We buy new systems, pay more for games... alternate jerseys shouldn't even be an issue, among the issues EA already has with Madden and NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2007, 06:45 PM   #16
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
We all know it will be just like last year: For example, Mich St got the green pants that already existed for their away unis, and their white tops got the white pants from the home unis (again, already in the game). This was the case for most of the "alternates" that I saw last year.

The "alternates" are already there - they need to simply swap tops and bottoms. That could take months!!!!!
THIS is why having no ALT's is an embarrassment. I am not a programmer but I have a hard time buying the fact that to simply put a teams AWAY pants on their HOME jersey - when they are already IN the game - is a 3-4 month project in itself.

I wonder what takes longer.....swapping (already made) tops and bottoms so we can have the ALT's - or building something like that Madden Ring, because we all know that is coming next year, and we still wont have other unis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »