Home

recruiting difficulty

This is a discussion on recruiting difficulty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
recruiting difficulty

I have been Pete Carroll-like and beyond in my 3 years of recruiting in my UCLA dynasty, pulling in the #2, #2 (again) and #1 classes the last three years... complete with ridiculously athletic RBs and WRs... I do immerse myself in the recruiting, scouting prospects myself and personally dishing out all of my "minutes" each week... just wondering if anyone else is dominating recruiting on the X360 and also if anyone uses any house rules to check themselves before they wreck themselves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 04:26 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: recruiting difficulty

i had the #2 class....I'm in my 2nd year currently (I am UCLA too).

i just noticed how the players u recruit are extremely fast. I got two 5* RB's who are 98 and 97 in speed. Crazy.

But you look at UCLA in real life....they currently have the #2 class in the nation. As far as real life goes I see alot of people going to UCLA, since USC is so loaded.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I wouldn't say I'm dominating but I did have like the 62nd best class last season (2010) with Utah State. I'm in the top 3 already on the lists of a 4* QB, 4* HB, 4* TE and 4* DE so far in 2011.

Being able to sway recruits who aren't initially interested makes this fun and it makes building up a weaker school, I hate to say it, easier.

Then again, it's taken me 4 seasons to take Utah State from a 1* to a 2* program. This, in my opinion, is good.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Im in year 6 of my FIU dynasty.
They are now a 5star team and Im on my way to getting that 6star at the end of this season.
Every year my recruiting class ranking has increased.
I went from top 100 my first year, to top 25 my 5th year.
Im pretty sure I will have a top 10-15 class after this year.

I also personally use all my minutes. I dont offer scholarships to players until I am number 1 on their list. And if Im not number one on their list by week 8, I just offer everyone.
I always play FAU week 14 as a rival. I schedule all my players for that game, unless its away.

The only problem I have is holding off other teams from signing my prospects before they visit me the last week of the year. If they are on my list come week 14, its like a 90% chance they will sign with me after the visit, in the offseason.

I currently have the #1 overall WR with me as his top team and its week 9.
Im just hoping I can sign him.
Every year I go after the top 5 players, even if I dont think I have a chance. This year it might pay off, and I will be signing my first 5star recruits. Im happy lol.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I've completed two seasons. I have no idea where my classes have ranked, because I didn't bother checking, but my first class consisted of only 3 star guys except for the two 4-star guys I managed to nab. That's it. I was a BCS school (Mizzou) but only had a 3 star prestige rating. I'm getting a lot more preseason interest now that I've worked my way up to 5 star status.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2007, 07:14 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Where i think house rules and just recruiting fail is that people tend to perform much better with the team then they probably should. You cannot fault people for wanting to win but i bet 90% of the users win more with their team then the real team will this year. That and recruiting is always made kinda easy because people want the teams to improve and EA knows that.

Throwing that out the window some easy house rules would be:
1) only recruiting your state or at most bordering states. This would be generally true in real life for most teams. You still have the Florida, Texas and California teams i think getting an advantage here but its an easy rule. You could also just limit it by using only the states that are pipelines to start instead.

Ex- Wisconsin Badgers- good team right, well 70 of the players on the real roster are from the states of Wis (38), Min (6), Ill (11), Mich (5), Ind (1) and Ohio (9). Even throwing out Ind and Ohio- using only the states that touch Wisconsin you still get over 2/3 the real roster of a top 10 team. So you can see that the rule could easily work.

2) you could limit recruiting to players who only have you in there initial top three

3) you could limit the hours you use per week- could say 7 the first year and see how that goes. That would be with also turning the recruiting assistance options off.

Any of these should slow the talent flow you get and none are real complex to do. The last one i think is the least restrictive since it doesn't stop you from getting a guy, just makes it harder to talk to many players over and over- so you would have to pick and choose more.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 09-03-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Where i think house rules and just recruiting fail is that people tend to perform much better with the team then they probably should. You cannot fault people for wanting to win but i bet 90% of the users win more with their team then the real team will this year. That and recruiting is always made kinda easy because people want the teams to improve and EA knows that.
I definitely agree with this. I play the game like I'm the QB letting Corso call the offensive plays and executing what he calls. On defense, he calls the plays and I watch my defense play like I'm on the sidelines.

Doing this has resulted in only 1 winning season in the 4 dynasty seasons I've played and only increasing my team from 1* to 2* in that span. My best class was 62nd.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

My first couple years with FIU I only recruited from Florida.
But also checked for interested prospects from other states.

Even now after bringing them to a 5star ranked team, I still only recruit from Florida.
And I go after the top 5 prospects in Fla no matter their interest.

Im in the ACC now so the caliber interested prospects have gotten better, and Im getting looks from different states.

But house rules should DEFINITELY be used. IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »