Home

Campus Legend is Addictive

This is a discussion on Campus Legend is Addictive within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Campus Legend is Addictive

Every season, my NCAA experience pretty much consists of playing Dynasty mode 100% of the time. I never got too into Run for the Hesiman, or whatever other modes EA has decided to include. They just didn't seem all that fun, and I didn't really have enough spare gaming time to do anything other than my dynasty.

Well this year I decided to try out Campus Legend using my baby boy as a middle linebacker (he's a big one!). I didn't really expect to get too into this mode. I started out playing through the Missouri state playoffs and really got into it. Then when the state finals were actually played at Faurot Field, it was awesome because it felt like a bigtime game. Anyway, I ended up signing with Auburn as a 2nd stringer.

I like the practice setup where I can improve week to week. At first it was frustrating, because the camera angle takes some getting used to, and it's hard to get in on plays sometimes, but I'm finally starting to get the hang of it where I can make 2-3 plays out of the 10 reps that you get in practice.

I also like having to start out on special teams and work my way up the depth chart. I think I'm to the 4th game of the season, or maybe the 5th, and have finally moved to the top of the depth chart. It really makes me more excited to get to gameday.

The best feature of this game mode is that it takes like 15 minutes to get through a week of practice and play a game, whereas it normally takes me almost an hour to play a game in my regular dynasty, a definite selling point for someone that doesn't have a lot of time to play. I would encourage anyone who hasn't tried this mode yet to give it a shot, it's actually really fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Campus Legend is Addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Every season, my NCAA experience pretty much consists of playing Dynasty mode 100% of the time. I never got too into Run for the Hesiman, or whatever other modes EA has decided to include. They just didn't seem all that fun, and I didn't really have enough spare gaming time to do anything other than my dynasty.

Well this year I decided to try out Campus Legend using my baby boy as a middle linebacker (he's a big one!). I didn't really expect to get too into this mode. I started out playing through the Missouri state playoffs and really got into it. Then when the state finals were actually played at Faurot Field, it was awesome because it felt like a bigtime game. Anyway, I ended up signing with Auburn as a 2nd stringer.

I like the practice setup where I can improve week to week. At first it was frustrating, because the camera angle takes some getting used to, and it's hard to get in on plays sometimes, but I'm finally starting to get the hang of it where I can make 2-3 plays out of the 10 reps that you get in practice.

I also like having to start out on special teams and work my way up the depth chart. I think I'm to the 4th game of the season, or maybe the 5th, and have finally moved to the top of the depth chart. It really makes me more excited to get to gameday.

The best feature of this game mode is that it takes like 15 minutes to get through a week of practice and play a game, whereas it normally takes me almost an hour to play a game in my regular dynasty, a definite selling point for someone that doesn't have a lot of time to play. I would encourage anyone who hasn't tried this mode yet to give it a shot, it's actually really fun.
After you signed and started playing your college career, were you able to generate player names or use existing rosters? I can't seem to get that to work.

I lov ethe mode though. I'm going to have to try out that MLB position. i do the same with my two sons as the players as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »