Home

I'm through....

This is a discussion on I'm through.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #41
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: I'm through....

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
J,

How many minutes are your quarters? To me SuperSim is useless unless I use it from the beginning of the game all the way through with 4 or 5 minute quarters. I'm playing with 9 minute quarters to get the right amount of plays for both teams. If I stop and supersim at any point the stats, scores, and number of plays will be way too high.
I play with 7 minute quarters. Here is how I SuperSim:

1) I sim one play at a time
2) Only sim 1st, 2nd and 3rd downs (I play the punts and FGs). I also return all punts and kickoffs.
3) Any drive that overlaps into the next quarter, I just begin playing defense on my own from that point forward.

I typically get between 115-125 plays each game, which is about the average for a CPU (simmed) game in Dynasty mode in NCAA 08. I try to get stats are close to reality as possible and on an even playing field with the others teams in Dynasty. I know 115-125 is less than what we see on TV every Saturday, but it matches up what the sim engine spits out.

I understand that using SuperSim in a blowout with your regularly played quarter length (9 in your case, 8 minutes in mine) can be pretty comical. I remember Supersimming a game I had control over and was trying to move on so I could go to bed. The score was around 100 something to 38 with over 1400 yds total. Never did that again! LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #42
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Also, we absolutely must have formation subs next year. I want to be able to put my two best pass cover linebackers in my nickel formations without having to adjust my depth chart. Also, I have a freshman running back (3rd string) who I would love to throw into one of my shotgun formations just to give him some playing time, but I can't do it without rearranging the depth chart. The package subs are fine, but it's not enough. We need to have more control. It's also especially useful with wide receivers. I like to try and get playing time for 5-6 receivers, but I only use 3 WR's most of the time, so they don't get subbed unless they're tired. Not to ramble, but I have a 3rd string freshman tight end who is a heck of a pass catcher, but I can't put him in without adjusting the depth chart, which as I mentioned, is atrocious.
Yesss...especially in a game that has promises. I promise a HB that he will get time as freshman before I see his ratings. He gets to me and is the 3rd best back on the team but has speed. I want to put him some shotgun formations, especially the twin HB shotgun but it takes me 5 mins to do just to get him some time so he doesn't transfer in the off-season. I had stud JR HB leave early after having a good year. He got hurt for like 4 games and my FR HB had 4 good games. I know and he should know he would be the starter next yr but he still wants to transfer. Craziness
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #43
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I'm getting pretty close to putting this game away.

Whenever I play a game on the stellar pc version of Madden I can't help but feel NCAA Next-Gen is nowhere near as good.
That's pretty much my stance...Despite it's flaws, I still think NCAA'08 (360) is a good game and if I didn't like Madden I'd just "deal with" all of it's problems. But I'm enjoying the PS2 version of Madden'08 so much that I don't have to put-up with the all of the things that frustrate me in NCAA, so I'll probably trade it in soon...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #44
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not "feeling" this game anymore either. It just doesn't have that fun experience for me. Not a big deal as there are plenty of great 360 games out there.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #45
Banned

motorcrossman1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Just three full seasons in, I just can't play NCAA 08 any more. It just isn't fun to me.

Just FYI... I am on 360, play Dynasty vs. CPU only, on AA setting with Arkansas, 9 minute quarters.

I know most of y'all will come on here and slam me, saying how great and fun this game is, but simply, it is not a good game. It has way too many flaws and it just feels... incomplete or bush league, or something that I just can't quite describe.

The 'cheat' factor irks me. It seems about the only way I stop the CPU is when I intercept a pass or force a fumble. On the rare occasions when I do force a punt it is due to penalty or the CPU AI just being mentally challenged. When I have the ball the only way I get stopped is if the CPU jumps the snap, makes me fumble, or a LB makes an incredible super-human move for an int.

Then there's the countless problems outside of game play. The depth chart is rediculously hard to manage. The stats are very cumbersome to navigate. We should be able to have a custom playbook. Mass subs continue to be useless. THe commentary is stale and tedious, not to mention if you call plays too quickly they get WAY behind the action. The cut scenes are tedious and horribly rendered. The sideline players and assortment are atrocious.

Basically this game isn't fun for me any more.

I do like recruiting, however. I will keep simming games and recruiting until College Hoops 2k8 comes out, then I will give up NCAA 08 forever.

I've never given up so quickly on NCAA before.
I do the same thing, I though I was the only one. I love the dynasty though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2007, 04:51 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
The stats are very cumbersome to navigate.
I hope that the dipsh-t that invented the current stat system was fired. Fired through a cannon after being dipped in a vat of birdsh-t, fed to rats, then soaked in gasoline and set on fire!

Hell, I could probably muster about a quarter gallon (today's prices) of gas for this momentous occasion if it hasn't happened already.

He's probably some smiley f--kin' dude trying to sleep with Jack Thompson.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's a video game, doesn't anyone understand that?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #48
Rookie

BlackJack's Arena

OVR: 6

i am close to puttin it down myself.....every time i play.....i find my self sayin....."Oh, is that what really happened"

either my o-line decides its ok to two men get at me, with only a three man rush, or my QB who finally gets good protection figures its ok to not throw within a 5 yard radius of where i asked, or the computer can run the ball and shed more than one consecutive gang tackle, over and over.

I still win, but the way i win with random unbelievable big plays i.e. end of the game Hail Mary starting on my own 18, or returning a kick for a touchdown, then recovering and onside kick and getting a FG.

that shouldnt be the only way to win

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »