Home

All American vs. Heisman

This is a discussion on All American vs. Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
All American vs. Heisman

I'm just curious for those that have played games on both difficulty levels as to what the main differences are. I tried a couple half games on Heisman with only really changing the blocking sliders. Heisman didn't seem too different at first glance other than the cpu getting massively better on the line. The DBs played tighter coverage but the other things didn't seem so bad that I couldn't tweak them (in a couple half games).

I'd just like to hear a general opinion on what are the major changes when making the jump and what sliders you generally have to alter from AA sliders. I've played all my games on modified AA and my only issue with the game is the cpu INTs. I'd read people say this is better on Heisman but the OSU QB threw two picks in the first half against Michigan (me). I know he's not a great QB but neither is Michigan's defense. Is jump the snap a big problem on Heisman? How's the running game on Heisman? Do ratings of players still matter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: All American vs. Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm just curious for those that have played games on both difficulty levels as to what the main differences are. I tried a couple half games on Heisman with only really changing the blocking sliders. Heisman didn't seem too different at first glance other than the cpu getting massively better on the line. The DBs played tighter coverage but the other things didn't seem so bad that I couldn't tweak them (in a couple half games).

I'd just like to hear a general opinion on what are the major changes when making the jump and what sliders you generally have to alter from AA sliders. I've played all my games on modified AA and my only issue with the game is the cpu INTs. I'd read people say this is better on Heisman but the OSU QB threw two picks in the first half against Michigan (me). I know he's not a great QB but neither is Michigan's defense. Is jump the snap a big problem on Heisman? How's the running game on Heisman? Do ratings of players still matter?
you should play a whole game. Basically the difference are at the OL and the DB coverage.

On both sides.

the Human OL is weaker a lot weaker, the CPU DL is stronger a lot stronger.
Same thing with the Human DL and CPU OL.

The DB plays all excelent way too good, while the Human donīt play the ball unless you do it manually.

When the cpu get momentum you canīt do much.

This of course is Heisman default. if you tweak sliders then you could balance the gameplay a bit.

I play on heisman level though... i find AA too easy because the CPU QB throws picks after pick.. but iīm aware of the HUGE differences and Advantage the cpu has.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

To piggy-back on what Booker said - Heisman is nice because it eliminates a good % of the cpu QB stupidity.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #4
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with the two above, Heisman is what I play on. It's the best way to go. On AA the CPU QB throws 4 picks per game. On Heisman you are lucky to get 1 unless your defense is a B+ overall or higher, then you will probably average 1 per game. The DBs on your team don't make plays unless they are 90+ OVR which makes it more of a challenge. Actually that is my biggest complaint. DBs under 90 OVR are basically worthless. All they are good for it tackling their man after he makes a catch over them.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderl33t
I agree with the two above, Heisman is what I play on. It's the best way to go. On AA the CPU QB throws 4 picks per game. On Heisman you are lucky to get 1 unless your defense is a B+ overall or higher, then you will probably average 1 per game. The DBs on your team don't make plays unless they are 90+ OVR which makes it more of a challenge. Actually that is my biggest complaint. DBs under 90 OVR are basically worthless. All they are good for it tackling their man after he makes a catch over them.
I haven't found this to be true. I played a little more on Heisman last night and practiced for awhile with it. I find that the QBs on Heisman are almost as dumb as AA. I've got human def. awareness at 0, knockdowns at 0 and INTs at 0 and in four "half" games have picked off the cpu at least once every time. I've picked off Ainge of Tennessee twice in one half and the OSU QB twice in one half with Michigan's defense which isn't super tough. They still make dumb decisions.

My skills are clearly suited for AA and not Heisman. The only reason I've screwed around a little bit on Heisman was to see if the CPU QBs are better and I honestly don't see a significant improvement. The things that jump out at me are the line play. Sliders for the most part can bring more balance but the cpu pass blocking is insanely good on Heisman. Even with human break block at 100 and cpu pass block at 0 the QB seems to have all day against a 4 man rush (and still makes bad decisions).

I also noticed that their WRs rarely drop a pass, even with WR catch at 0 and in traffic. The CPU DBs are also better on the Heisman level and are too good imo. Elite WRs should be able to beat average CBs more often and even with cpu def. awareness at zero I struggled throwing deep to Manningham. With single man-to-man coverage deep and no safety help I only completed one deep ball in 10 attempts. The CB was just an average player and yet was breathing down his neck on every single play knocking down a number of balls. The deep ball is fairly dead in this game on AA as well but I can still complete it more often than on Heisman which seemed like an excercise in futility. If I can only complete a deep ball 10% of the time when I have a mismatch then its almost pointless to even try it. In real life if Manningham had single coverage against an average CB, he should either draw a penalty or catch a pass close to 50% of the time imo.

I do think Heisman is playable though (I used heavy slider tweaks in my favour on offense). In a rematch of another half game with Cal against Tennessee I was tied at 10 going into the half. I didn't notice the CPU jumping the snap a ridiculous amount of times (unlike the PS2 version last year on Heisman) and I can see how the better players like playing on Heisman. The running game on both sides seems good. However, the only reason for me to attempt to play at this level was to see better cpu QB play and I just don't see a significant improvement at all. I will just stick with AA and deal with the occasional 3-5 pick game I get from the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I haven't found this to be true. I played a little more on Heisman last night and practiced for awhile with it. I find that the QBs on Heisman are almost as dumb as AA. I've got human def. awareness at 0, knockdowns at 0 and INTs at 0 and in four "half" games have picked off the cpu at least once every time. I've picked off Ainge of Tennessee twice in one half and the OSU QB twice in one half with Michigan's defense which isn't super tough. They still make dumb decisions.

My skills are clearly suited for AA and not Heisman. The only reason I've screwed around a little bit on Heisman was to see if the CPU QBs are better and I honestly don't see a significant improvement. The things that jump out at me are the line play. Sliders for the most part can bring more balance but the cpu pass blocking is insanely good on Heisman. Even with human break block at 100 and cpu pass block at 0 the QB seems to have all day against a 4 man rush (and still makes bad decisions).

I also noticed that their WRs rarely drop a pass, even with WR catch at 0 and in traffic. The CPU DBs are also better on the Heisman level and are too good imo. Elite WRs should be able to beat average CBs more often and even with cpu def. awareness at zero I struggled throwing deep to Manningham. With single man-to-man coverage deep and no safety help I only completed one deep ball in 10 attempts. The CB was just an average player and yet was breathing down his neck on every single play knocking down a number of balls. The deep ball is fairly dead in this game on AA as well but I can still complete it more often than on Heisman which seemed like an excercise in futility. If I can only complete a deep ball 10% of the time when I have a mismatch then its almost pointless to even try it. In real life if Manningham had single coverage against an average CB, he should either draw a penalty or catch a pass close to 50% of the time imo.

I do think Heisman is playable though (I used heavy slider tweaks in my favour on offense). In a rematch of another half game with Cal against Tennessee I was tied at 10 going into the half. I didn't notice the CPU jumping the snap a ridiculous amount of times (unlike the PS2 version last year on Heisman) and I can see how the better players like playing on Heisman. The running game on both sides seems good. However, the only reason for me to attempt to play at this level was to see better cpu QB play and I just don't see a significant improvement at all. I will just stick with AA and deal with the occasional 3-5 pick game I get from the cpu.
I agrre with your assessment of AA as opposed to heisman..I have been playing on heisman and have had good results but some of the gameplay is superhuman and unrealstic..the CPU OL on Heisman is ridiculous whetehr you have break block at 100 or not..Also I find that on AA the players play more to their ratings..On Heisman I had LB keeping up with All American WR's on deep routes..The playcalling for the CPU to me is about the same on Heisman as AA..I have had the CPU throw 5 picks on Heisman so as far as CPU play it's about the same..it seems to me that Human DB's are dumbed down on Heisman..while on AA it's based more on their ratings..I tried playing on AA with sliders skewed towards the CPU and have had good REALISTIC games...i guess Heisman is harder but to me AA is more realistic..
Old 09-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

Heisman def. I tell ya, if you use silent natures heisman sliders 5.1 you are in for a challenge. Its tough especially if the CPU d Awareness is @65
Old 09-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Heisman def. I tell ya, if you use silent natures heisman sliders 5.1 you are in for a challenge. Its tough especially if the CPU d Awareness is @65
Outside of the fact that I obviously prefer my own sliders. Heisman provides me with what I am looking for:
  • I win the games I should and lose the ones I should.
  • YTD stats matter. If you are playing a team that is a B on defense but they are #12 in the nation in rushing Defense in week #8. You will have a hard time running the ball.
  • I do see the CPU being smarter, not a ton, but smarter, on Heisman - I screwed around with AA sliders for too long to think otherwise. I try on occasion to see if I can put up a good set on AA - then I see 4 straight cpu thrown picks and go back to Heisman.
  • I disagree with the pass rush - yes the CPU sometimes gets a nasty rush on you (especially if they have you behind and know you are throwing - but to me that is real, you can still pick it apart) but @ little USM, I have become the place where the top DE's want to go....Year in/year out the top DE's want to come here - no one else does in that star range but I am getting sacks, and my DE and MLB tend to be stars on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »