Home

Post your boxscores of close/lost games

This is a discussion on Post your boxscores of close/lost games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Post your boxscores of close/lost games

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
interesting you had the early lead and the CPU kept running. Were they running well early? I gotta admit your games are pretty confusing to find a pattern in so far
yeah their running back appeared to be very good and they ran alot. he had 23 carries, just about twice as much as any other back i have faced this season. i dont know how good he is in real life but in the game he was running like he was a clone of LT after the 1st quarter. on his receiving TD, he caught a screen pass and broke about 4 tackles on his way to a 50+ yard TD. after that i think motivation kicked in and he ran alot better. 1st quarter i had them stopped pretty good and my offense was running out the clock and scoring on long drives. 2nd half i couldnt run much at all, even being the #1 rushing team i was being stopped, even with running the option which normally will get you a first down in 3 plays.

to me it seems as though the team that try and run out of shotgun cant get yard. NM ran the toss out of ACE Big or the one with the 2 TE on one side and did real good. their RB also was an impact player which could have made a difference.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

just did the Army game and boy was it crazy. got my #2 espn instant classic with the gamescore of 1634.

scoring per quarter final
AF 7 14 3 27 51
Army 7 7 21 13 48

stats Army at AF(me)
Score 48 - 51
total off. yards 528 - 389
rush-yrd-TD 17-73-2 - 41-314-6
comp-att-TD 18-28-5 - 7-13-0
pass yards 455 - 75
turnovers 3 - 3
fumbles lost 0 - 2
INT 3 - 3
PR yards 0 - 48
KR yards 227 - 248
total yards 755 - 685
Punts-ave. 2-32 - 1-52

i sacked their QB 5 times which lowered their rushing yards, starting RB was 14 carries for 83 yards, none of their backs have negitive yards so sacks do count against team rushing yard, never notice they put that in the game till now.would have been about 100 yard rushing without the sacks

2 of the 3 INT army threw were on hail marrys, 1 at end of 1st half, 1 end of game, so 3 total doesnt bother me.

army score with 34 second on the clock till end of game to lead 48-43, i was sure game was over, then on the kickoff i took it all the way for the win, i was shocked. too bad easportworld is down or i could upload some vids, there were some great plays. army's QB Pevoto broke the school record for passing yards in a season during this game. second half the defense must have lefted the game as both team had no problem moving the ball. my biggest play was a screen pass that must have been a backward pass as it counted as a run.

i gave the game ball to Mark Root(WR) for the game winning TD KR. but hall(HB) got player of the game with about 250+ total all-purpose yards and 4 TDs.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

great idea, i love it.

please post what sliders you guys are using too.

i donīt mind watching more than close/lost games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

i decided to go ahead and play a 3rd game today, normally at most only do 2 but i wanted to get this one over with.

had to go to Notre Dame who were 3-6 at the time and in the first half they played like it. i lead at half 10-6(blocked their XP) could have been bigger lead but failed on a 4th and goal at the 3.

the 2nd half was the total opposite, ND played like a team that was 9-0. and i lost 30-10. most of my yardage in the 2nd half were on the last 2 drives but both ended in a turnover, a fumble and INT, when i was in redzone. ND also missed 3 fieldgoals. Travis Thomas(ND) had 17 carries for 109 yards and 1 TD and had 12 broken tackles. thats 4 more than my entire team put together. lol

im also kinda glad my QB is a senoir, he had all 4 turnovers, 2 ints and 2 fumbles. not even the RB button could save him.

AF(me) at ND

Scrore 10 - 30
total off. yards 297 - 332
rush-yrd-TD 36-156-1 - 25-126-2
comp-att-TD 13-24-0 - 16-20-2
pass yards 141 - 206
turnovers 4 - 1
fum. lost 2 - 1
INT 2 - 0
KR/PR yards 124 - 53
total yards 421 - 385
punts-ave. 1-41 - 1-43

now im 5-6 and have to play san diego state next, i havent play good against conference teams (2-5) so im worried that i will have my first losing season ever in NCAA.

i did get 1 good thing out of this games week, my #1 recruit (4* CB #213 overall) finally commited. maybe he can help my pass defense out from sucking so bad. lol

Last edited by Solidice; 09-13-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
just did the Army game and boy was it crazy. got my #2 espn instant classic with the gamescore of 1634.

scoring per quarter final
AF 7 14 3 27 51
Army 7 7 21 13 48

stats Army at AF(me)
Score 48 - 51
total off. yards 528 - 389
rush-yrd-TD 17-73-2 - 41-314-6
comp-att-TD 18-28-5 - 7-13-0
pass yards 455 - 75
turnovers 3 - 3
fumbles lost 0 - 2
INT 3 - 3
PR yards 0 - 48
KR yards 227 - 248
total yards 755 - 685
Punts-ave. 2-32 - 1-52

i sacked their QB 5 times which lowered their rushing yards, starting RB was 14 carries for 83 yards, none of their backs have negitive yards so sacks do count against team rushing yard, never notice they put that in the game till now.would have been about 100 yard rushing without the sacks

2 of the 3 INT army threw were on hail marrys, 1 at end of 1st half, 1 end of game, so 3 total doesnt bother me.

army score with 34 second on the clock till end of game to lead 48-43, i was sure game was over, then on the kickoff i took it all the way for the win, i was shocked. too bad easportworld is down or i could upload some vids, there were some great plays. army's QB Pevoto broke the school record for passing yards in a season during this game. second half the defense must have lefted the game as both team had no problem moving the ball. my biggest play was a screen pass that must have been a backward pass as it counted as a run.

i gave the game ball to Mark Root(WR) for the game winning TD KR. but hall(HB) got player of the game with about 250+ total all-purpose yards and 4 TDs.
Overall, i still am thinking the pass/run needs to be lowered in dynasty one notch but you appear to be having one crazy season

Booker- I am not sure which sliders Solidice is using. I am changing my sliders constantly it seems.

Last game was: me/cpu- heisman
QBA 45-35
Pass block 60-10
Wr Catch 25-10
RBA 45-55
Run blk 45-55

AWR 30-5
knd 10-10
Ints 0-0
BB 55-0
TKL 65-5

These might be very easy for some of you but but they seem to get me the stats i am after. the OLs get some pancakes but not alot, I get some sacks and the CPU can run on me which tends to lead to less INTs.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #14
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

i have been going between 2 different slider sets.

one based on soce's heisman set with only the CPU break block changed to 20 instead of 45(was 20 on his but was later changed, but i lefted it as i was still getting good results)
i have also tried a few games with the Heisman sliders that arichzona made.
both have good games for me and the stats are close. the one arichzona made seems to let the CPU run a bit better but overall i like them both and both give me good games.

and about the pancake blocks, thats one thing i love about 08' on 360. no longer are my oline sweeping the awards and getting 100+ pancakes a year. im 11 games in and the pancake leader for my team is my RT Ryan Zaman with 11 pancakes. yes 11 not 111. lol, BTW if you were wondering the NCAA leader through week 12 is the RT from Wisconsin with 32 pancakes.

Last edited by Solidice; 09-13-2007 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:12 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

no boxcore but...I play as UCLA...2nd yr of dynasty btw. I'm playing @ Cal, who beat USC earlier in the season and is ranked #1 in the polls and the BCS. Deseas Jackson is still there, its gonna be a tough game. My defense is playing amazing, and I've kept it at 0-0 after a quarter. Then they take a pick back for a score, 7-0. I came back to tie it up on a long drive, 7-7. They scored right before halftime (damn DeSean Jackson), and its 14-7.

Now the third quarter, ugly....I threw a pick in the endzone, they took it back 101 yds for a TD(the CB...he is #5, i dunno his name look it up, also broke the school record for INT's in a season with this TD, and it was only the 9th game of the season). So I'm down 21-7. The rest of the third quarter was me turning the ball over and over and OVER again, and my defense stopping them over and over and OVER again. My defense was beautiful.

So 4th quarter...I get a pick and take it back to the 20, i had a short field to work with and was able to score finally, 21-14. My defense plays great once again, I get the ball back and tie it up 21-21. About 1:30 left, I kick it off to Jackson on accident, and he takes it back to he 50. next play, they give it to him and he scores, 28-21. I was able to drive down field, converting on 4th & long several times, and tied it up with 15 secs left. Not to mention, all throughout the 4th quarter i scored on a QB sneak on the 1 yd line 3 times, and every single time a O-lineman was called for holding...frustrating as hell.

So it's OT...I give em the ball first since my defense is so good. They get a FG on me, 31-28. I get the ball, and im getting into field goal position. It's 3rd n short, so im thinking I can get a first down and try to score. But i get a false start, so it's 3rd n long. I think about just running it and getting the right kicking angle...but i saw naw, imma go for the TD and try to win, and if I dont get it I will just kick the FG. I already told myself i wont throw it unless dude is WIDE OPEN, otherwise I will just throw it out of bounds to not risk a INT. Well, my RB came out of the backfield and was wide open in the endzone and i throw a bullet to him, caught it, I win 31-28!

#1 greatness score I've gotten yet. It was a great came, taking down the #1 team at their house...and coming back too.

Yeah just thought I'd share that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2007, 07:20 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

Has anyone ever had a low scoring close game? like 7-0 or 14 points and under?? I know that in college football that rarely happens. My lowest scoring game was Fresno St. beating Nevada 14-0. A tough defensive battle in the rain-trenchwar-love that stuff!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »