Home

Is it just me or does every team try to run the option?

This is a discussion on Is it just me or does every team try to run the option? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Is it just me or does every team try to run the option?

Even tho they have a slow QB? It seems that every team I've played has run the option at least 5 times in the game, usually leading in no or loss of gain or even a fumble since their Qb is slow.

Anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Is it just me or does every team try to run the option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure
Even tho they have a slow QB? It seems that every team I've played has run the option at least 5 times in the game, usually leading in no or loss of gain or even a fumble since their Qb is slow.

Anyone?
i see this alot, and the QB keeps it most of the time or they pitch it 10+ yards down field if the QB manages to get that far.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i see this alot, and the QB keeps it most of the time or they pitch it 10+ yards down field if the QB manages to get that far.

yeah i mean I'm playing oregon and they got this slow white QB and its annoying they just keep running the option I've already made him fumble twice this quarter...smh
Old 09-13-2007, 06:51 AM   #4
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure

Anyone?
Yeah, year 4 in my Dynasty UF's QB was mad SLOW. So, anyone that has played UF knows that they run all kinds of funky options with the QB. I killed them. The qb was pathetic at running.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Weird, I almost never see them run the option. What's really weird though is I think the cpu play calling changes based on difficulty level. On AA I've never seen a flea flicker in 40-50 games. In 2-3 games of screwing around on Heisman I've seen two.

I wish the cpu would run the ball more in general. Can you edit coach tendencies in dynasty mode (PS3) after you have already started?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Weird, I almost never see them run the option. What's really weird though is I think the cpu play calling changes based on difficulty level. On AA I've never seen a flea flicker in 40-50 games. In 2-3 games of screwing around on Heisman I've seen two.

I wish the cpu would run the ball more in general. Can you edit coach tendencies in dynasty mode (PS3) after you have already started?
Yeah, I see the option too much out of teams that should not run it as well. But damn, when the CPU has speed and runs it, it can be really deadly since I blitz the middle quite regularly.

As for the CPU not running enough on you, I play on heisman and when they have success they will run the ball non stop on me to the point of being totally annoying so I dont know what to tell you. I have had games that consisted of 15 play drives by the CPU for a TD and only 2 or 3 of them were passes usually on 3rd and long.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
Yeah, year 4 in my Dynasty UF's QB was mad SLOW. So, anyone that has played UF knows that they run all kinds of funky options with the QB. I killed them. The qb was pathetic at running.

i noticed the same thing...i was getting all hype to take my USF Bulls into the Swamp for a battle in the sunshine state and I checked their ratings for QBs like I always do to see if they are fast and UF's was a slow pocket passer....they ran all of those plays that Tebow runs and I just killed them...it wasnt even fun
Old 09-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

whats really sad is watching Texas Tech run a goal line offense, but not only that, they run a triple option out of it. i dont remember ever seeing TTU run a goal line offense they almost always have 3+ WR on the field. maybe a few off-set I formation with 2 WR and a TE/WR close to a Tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »