Home

Off-season recruiting?

This is a discussion on Off-season recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Off-season recruiting?

Just about finishing up my first season. I was wondering what to expect for off-season recruiting ... is it basically the same as in-season? Not sure how many of my in-season recruits will sign, but I'm hesitant to sign them all as I want some slots open for off-season recruiting ... does that make sense?

By the way I'm playing as Temple so anything above 2* is hard to come by!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Off-season recruiting?

as far as i know you see all the recruits during the in-season recruits(xbox 360 anyways) your in-season recruits will transfer over to you offseason recruiting board and you have 5 weeks to recruit. you can schedule visits to the recruits house, it is limited on how many a week but i dont know the exact #. for me the offseason recruit is just finishing the deal of the recruits that didnt sign during the season. and in some cases i do go back a look for more recruits to add if some commit somewhere esle. depends on my needs/scholarships lefted.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

Here's a tip. Go after some guys who don't have any schollies offered at the moment. It's easy to climb their list.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Yeah, building a program with a school like that is a long process. Once you can consistently start getting a good amount of 3 star players then you'll really start to improve your team and be able to climb the ladder.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Solidice is right, there are no new recruits that are uncovered during the off season, so you can't just start from scratch with anybody.

I'll definitely have to check for guys with no scholarship offers. It's really weird sometimes, because I'm on some 4-star guys in season where I'm their only scholly offer. It's just weird because a real life 4 star guy would have plenty of offers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Solidice is right, there are no new recruits that are uncovered during the off season, so you can't just start from scratch with anybody.

I'll definitely have to check for guys with no scholarship offers. It's really weird sometimes, because I'm on some 4-star guys in season where I'm their only scholly offer. It's just weird because a real life 4 star guy would have plenty of offers.
Unless, of course, nobody knew about him. He can be that guy who falls through the cracks. But then again he wouldn't b a 4* guy. But they can't have no-star guys, can they???

That would be pretty intense if you had to look at their vital ratings to see whether or not they were your type of recruit. That would be pretty awesome now that I think of it. I'm a genius.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Unless, of course, nobody knew about him. He can be that guy who falls through the cracks. But then again he wouldn't b a 4* guy. But they can't have no-star guys, can they???

That would be pretty intense if you had to look at their vital ratings to see whether or not they were your type of recruit. That would be pretty awesome now that I think of it. I'm a genius.
actually you can have 0* guys, if you happen to get a walk-on, it will show his start rating as a 0. lol
Old 09-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

Right, a 4-star guy is not a guy who falls through the cracks. Now if you could sign a 2 star guy that came in highly rated, that would be a more accurate representation of finding a "diamond in the rough"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »