Home

Elite Speed.

This is a discussion on Elite Speed. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #9
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Elite Speed.

I've noticed this a lot on my team. When I first started my dynasty, a lot of my receivers had speed in the high 80's, and it was like they were running with concrete shoes. You really need to have guys at like 94+ to be breakaway threats. My starting halfback has something like 88 speed and gets chased down consistently.

But don't discount fatigue. That plays a large role too.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah I had a RB who was a 99 speed. He was like a little Willie Parker. Used to love getting into the second line of defense and outrunning the angles to the side. There are some times where my 82 speed QB gets chased down by DTs but I think some of it has to do with fatigue. Once you get speed the game becomes too easy though. Even on defense I had a FS who was a 95 speed but a 60 in tackling. Even though I missed alot of tackles I would get to the ball and slowdown the runner. I guess it's realistic but once you starting having all ur starting LBs over 80 the game becomes alot easier.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Yeah I had a RB who was a 99 speed. He was like a little Willie Parker. Used to love getting into the second line of defense and outrunning the angles to the side. There are some times where my 82 speed QB gets chased down by DTs but I think some of it has to do with fatigue. Once you get speed the game becomes too easy though. Even on defense I had a FS who was a 95 speed but a 60 in tackling. Even though I missed alot of tackles I would get to the ball and slowdown the runner. I guess it's realistic but once you starting having all ur starting LBs over 80 the game becomes alot easier.
On defense. i definitely see it.
All my LBS are high 80s, low 90s in speed. All my DEs are High 80s, low 90s in speed. And all my DBs are low to mid 90s in speed.
I arguably have the fastest team on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #12
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I guess this is realistic, right? When you listen to coaches talking about recruiting, all they talk about is speed, speed, speed.

On the offensive side of the ball, it's going to be interesting to see how my new freshman WR pans out. He's 6'5 with 99 speed. Right now I'm using him as my 4th WR and my PR/KR guy. I might as well move him into the starting lineup though. He is a beast.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #13
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I guess this is realistic, right? When you listen to coaches talking about recruiting, all they talk about is speed, speed, speed.

On the offensive side of the ball, it's going to be interesting to see how my new freshman WR pans out. He's 6'5 with 99 speed. Right now I'm using him as my 4th WR and my PR/KR guy. I might as well move him into the starting lineup though. He is a beast.

Put him and the slot and he will dominate. The "no formation subs" makes me mad when it comes to things like this. I used to run with USF and because you really can't throw deep I would stick my fastest and often times best WR in the Slot. Plus you can give them some WR Options and Jet Sweep runs
Old 10-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Put him and the slot and he will dominate. The "no formation subs" makes me mad when it comes to things like this. I used to run with USF and because you really can't throw deep I would stick my fastest and often times best WR in the Slot. Plus you can give them some WR Options and Jet Sweep runs
Yeh my slot receiver is always my leading receiver.
It seems thats the only WR that gets open.
Every now and again I can hit my 1 and 2 WRs.
But its usually for minimal gain and maybe just a few catches a game.
Whereas most of the time I look off my slot receiver who is usually open to try and force it to my 1st and 2nd WRs.
I dont know whats wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »