Home

Elite Speed.

This is a discussion on Elite Speed. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Elite Speed.

Does anyone think that the speeds in this game are too similar?
There seems to be no difference between a 92 and a 97.

I think that you should see a noticeable difference in speed when players like Trinidon Holliday touches the ball.

Maybe a few players in the game should have that ELITE SPEED, where only 1 crease or 1 block is needed and its too the house. Once they are in the open, its touchdown!

I have two 99 speed players on my team.
They constantly get chased down by players with speeds in the high 80s and low 90s.

Does anybody else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Elite Speed.

I have not noticed this. I'm playing on Heisman and my 99 guys fly and break away. My QB on the other hand....87 speed and gets chases down by DTs. But my 99 speed HB can break em with ease.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

I also think along the same lines, that EA will also give unfair speed ratings to smaller schools to balance out the team so it is not that good overall...I think some of the smaller schools that have players that should be faster in the game that are not...
Old 09-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I have not noticed this. I'm playing on Heisman and my 99 guys fly and break away. My QB on the other hand....87 speed and gets chases down by DTs. But my 99 speed HB can break em with ease.
Everytime my speeders get chased down, I go into the opposing teams depth chart and check the tacklers speed rating.
When the tackler is a person that is like an 88 speed or something, Im like "WTF?!!"

The thing im saying is, it just doesnt feel different when the speeders get the ball.
I want it to be like, when that person gets the ball and your on defense, you should be like "Noooo!"

No team wants to see Trinidon Holliday, CJ Spiller or Jacoby Ford or DeSean Jackson in the open feild.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

I agree that it would suck if it happened. I have actually thrown pass patterns in which my WR (99 speed) outruns the DB and I throw it over their heads and my WR outruns the DB.

I'm sorry you're not seeing a difference, but I can legitimately say that I am seeing a difference. My HB is a 99 speed and he appears faster than other people. He does not get chased down from behind. I wonder how much ACC factors in this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
Everytime my speeders get chased down, I go into the opposing teams depth chart and check the tacklers speed rating.
When the tackler is a person that is like an 88 speed or something, Im like "WTF?!!"

The thing im saying is, it just doesnt feel different when the speeders get the ball.
I want it to be like, when that person gets the ball and your on defense, you should be like "Noooo!"

No team wants to see Trinidon Holliday, CJ Spiller or Jacoby Ford or DeSean Jackson in the open feild.
LOL! I do the samething. I agree with your first post.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:00 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

I notice a difference in quickness when I see 99 speed guys in the field. My brother was running practice with his 99 spd HB, and he just blew bye the guys like they were running in slow mo.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 09-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I agree that it would suck if it happened. I have actually thrown pass patterns in which my WR (99 speed) outruns the DB and I throw it over their heads and my WR outruns the DB.

I'm sorry you're not seeing a difference, but I can legitimately say that I am seeing a difference. My HB is a 99 speed and he appears faster than other people. He does not get chased down from behind. I wonder how much ACC factors in this?
I agree. I see this difference all the time (I play on All-American with default sliders). For my first two years, my receivers all had speed in the mid to high 80s. They were almost a non-factor in my passing game. In my third and 4th years, I recruited 6 WRs with speed in the mid to high 90s. Now, it's like I am playing a different game. When you hit your #5 receiver on a drag route when he is being covered by a LB or a slower dime back, a 5 yard completion on a drag is a 15-20 yard gain.

I really see this in the one place in the game where I cheat, which is when I put my #7 receiver at FB and throw to him in the flat out of the shotgun (i.e. I use him as an H-back). Most FBs have speed below 80 or even 70, but my #7 receiver has 92 speed. When you complete a pass to a slow FB in the flat, a CB or OLB usually closes quickly and drops your FB after a minimal gain. You complete that same pass to a WR with 92 speed, if a slower LB is on him, I will gain at least 15 yards and may even break it big.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »