Home

Not getting credit for achievements

This is a discussion on Not getting credit for achievements within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Not getting credit for achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
What do the achievements get you anyways? I just got my 360 a few months ago. I know that each game has a set of acheivements....but what is the point of them?
No point really. It's kind of like a post count on a message board like this one. If nothing else, it just illustrates in the form of a number how much time you spend playing video games. LOL. But dammit, I earned that National Championship (with the Indiana Hoosiers no less) and that Heismann trophy and I want my achievment points!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by B20Sandman
If I'm not mistaken, there are a number of achievements for dynasty that require that you only control one team. Perhaps the ones you're having trouble with fall under this requirement. Just a thought...
Well since I got the game i've played 3 straight Dynasty seasons (the length of my contract) with only the Indiana Hoosiers. I just switched teams after denying a contract extension, but that was after I had achieved those milestones.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:58 PM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

im up to 830, the last 7 achievements i will most likely never get without cheating.

pass for more than 716(even with TTU only got around 600 at best, love the run too much)
run for more that 406 (dont love the run that much)
5 ints with 1 player(its hard to get 5 as a team and they want 5 with a single player?)
hold team under 100 yards(damn special teams always gets them over this)
play a ranked game(never will play online, dont want to play chase the QB)
#1 recruiting class(may someday get this one)
and the last i gave up on getting 300 in bowling. done that 3 times and never got it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
No point really. It's kind of like a post count on a message board like this one. If nothing else, it just illustrates in the form of a number how much time you spend playing video games. LOL. But dammit, I earned that National Championship (with the Indiana Hoosiers no less) and that Heismann trophy and I want my achievment points!

Ok, thanks Metal. I wasn't sure if maybe you could get credits or something to use on the marketplace??? I know they did something to clamp down on file sharing so people couldn't cheat to get achievements....and those of us that like sharing rosters got caught up in the crossfire.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #13
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I just won a bowl game in my Buffalo dynasty and didn't get credit for the achievement. But in the offseason I got the one for making a promise adn for developing a new pipeline state.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

it's very touch and go with EA and achievements this year. I didn't get a lot of my achiement points early on but then erased my profile and started over and was fine. But now I've won 4 Conference Championships, held a team to under 100 yards, filled my Legend Meter and still no points for it. I had the same problem with NHL 08 though at times.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #15
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
What do the achievements get you anyways? I just got my 360 a few months ago. I know that each game has a set of acheivements....but what is the point of them?
Its a status thing. Just like those that drive Mercedes, and those that drive say a Saturn...You are looked upon by a number believe it or not. Some say its just a measuring tool for fun, but if you look at the gaming community and its intelligence. It is really used for a sort of status measurement. Who's better than who etc. Some will argue, but just like rank in games, you have this weak minded attitude that I am better than you because I have a higher rank or more Achievement points. In time they will come because you play the game. Over time your achievements will measure up. Just in life you have people that discriminate between different groups. Many individual have a weak life status, so some belittle others in the gaming community, because in real life they are the Noobs (Inexperienced)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2007, 02:42 AM   #16
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I have 18 more achievements left to go, but it is a bit irritating, because many of them I have already done and not gotten credit for them. Such as:

Make A Promise to a Prospect (i've done this many a time, and kept them even)
Conference Champs (won the SEC championship with Georgia)
Bowl Win (won 4 bowl games with Georgia)
National Chamionship (won it in year 4)
Develop New Pipeline State (Alabama with UGA)
Mr. Feburary (had the #1 recruiting class at the end of recruiting in year #1)

That's quite a few. And the achievements are, to me anyway, just little goals that add replayability to a game. They are fun to try and get if you do it the right way and don't cheat to do it. That is if they work...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »