Home

A Patch is out for NCAA Football 08 PS3 No Joke!!!!

This is a discussion on A Patch is out for NCAA Football 08 PS3 No Joke!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: No upcoming patch for the 360 version

Way for EA to piss off the fans that have a 360.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #58
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

I almost bought NCAA I am glad I didnt.. thats totally re tar ded
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #59
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

EA football is becoming a joke and probably won't change anytime soon. I already traded the game in months ago, but this is just laughable. I wonder what gimmick/feature will be included next year to ruin gameplay. I can't wait to see what they fix and then what the ruin in the process.

For NCAA 09, maybe we'll get uniforms with an extra 1,000 polygons instead of CPU QB AI or a CPU defense that can defend the option. That would be awesome!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #60
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre.com

Update 11/1: I have done some digging and found out that due to some technical conflicts there will be no patch released for the 360 version.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 11-01-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #61
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

I have been waiting patiently for the following:

1.) A patch for NCAA (fumbles, etc)
2.) A patch for Madden (see above, plus free agent pool)
3.) Rosters for NHL.

I hate the fact that this is the outcome for NCAA. I feel that I am always waiting for EA. It use to be that I would wait for the games, now I wait for patches and rosters. I swear if EA was my girlfriend, I would be waiting for EA to dry her hair. I should hold off on buying EA sport titles (other then SKATE) at least for 2 months to wait for them to iron out their game related issues.

However, no PATCH for this game is just...earmuffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #62
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Re: A Patch is out for NCAA Football 08 PS3 No Joke!!!!

Well, here's my impressions after one game and about 20 minutes in practice mode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Gameplay: Fumble Chance has been tuned to more realistic values and logic. Fumbling has been tuned to occur during more realistic scenarios such as big hits and collisions.
Not seeing this at all. CPU had four fumbles in the game mentioned above, and while I guess they were legit, it still seemed more tied to motivation than 'realistic values and logic'.

Quote:
Gameplay: Defense Secondary aggressive coverage has been addressed. Defensive players AI has been better tuned for only certain percentile of defensive backs have the ability to make aggressive moves that are effective.
I can verify this. Hitting an 'open' receiver is much, much easier. No more passing up an open guy in fear of two or three zoned defenders jumping the route.

Quote:
Gameplay: Pass Lead Tuning on Lob passes has been improved.
The user has the ability to lead receivers with lob passes now."
I can also verify this. While the precision passing is still not as accurate as it was on last gen (it's still next-to-impossible to choose to throw over a particular shoulder, for example), it is much better than it was. Specifically, throwing touch passes is much better, leading is much better, pressure sensitivity is much better, etc.

Overall, the game plays better, but I won't say this is some groundbreaking "OMG, GAMESAVER!" situation. The human passing game is much improved - that seems to have been the focus. The CPU's passing game, however, doesn't seem to have been effected all that much. I did only have one INT in the game I played, so I guess I'll cross my fingers on that one.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #63
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
EA football is becoming a joke and probably won't change anytime soon. I already traded the game in months ago, but this is just laughable. I wonder what gimmick/feature will be included next year to ruin gameplay. I can't wait to see what they fix and then what the ruin in the process.

For NCAA 09, maybe we'll get uniforms with an extra 1,000 polygons instead of CPU QB AI or a CPU defense that can defend the option. That would be awesome!

Best post I've read all day.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #64
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

What's a PHONE NUMBER for EA/Tiburon so I can personally tell those guys what a bunch of a hole pricks they are for not releasing a 360 patch.

"Technical issues" my a$$.

Sorry..this just really pisses me off.

At least I'll have College Hoops 2k8 and a DEVELOPER THAT CARES to fix bugs etc.

Ugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »