Home

Scheduling New Rivalries (Big 10 vs. SEC)

This is a discussion on Scheduling New Rivalries (Big 10 vs. SEC) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Scheduling New Rivalries (Big 10 vs. SEC)

I realized that after a couple years in Dynasty with Ohio State their game against Michigan is no longer the last game of the season.

So, I was thinking that in order to combat this, I would start scheduling an SEC team to play OSU every year. Preferably a top SEC team to play the Buckeyes at the end of the year (if I can't change it so the Michigan game is still the last game). Considering the war of words between SEC fans and Big 10 fans, I thought this would be a great idea.

I would like to hear who you think I should schedule to play against OSU in the coming years. I am thinking about a rotation of top SEC teams and I would like to see your suggestions as far as who to schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Scheduling New Rivalries (Big 10 vs. SEC)

Markt,
I think a nice rotating schedule would be with LSU, Florida and Tenn. This would give you some great battles. I would schedule a home and home with each of these teams this would give you 6 years worth of SEC rival games. I would play a tune up game with a weaker opp first before scheduling this game.

Year 1 at LSU
Year 2 Home vs LSU
Year 3 at Florida
Year 4 Home vs Florida
Year 5 at Tenn
Year 6 Home vs Florida.

I might do this as well in my Michigan Dynasty

Good Luck,
Racerx
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 11-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

I haven't looked into this, but have you checked to see if the SEC teams will be available late in the year? I always take the FCS teams out of my schedule; when they are later in the year, the available teams are usually only the independent programs. You may have to just take who you can.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
Banned

Thanks for the ideas... I have been thinking about home and home arrangements. I am debating whether or not to schedule the SEC as the First game of my season or the Last game of my season.

If I make it the first game I think it would be called The Mason-Dixon Game.

If it is the one of the last games of the season I was thinking about calling it the Spoiler Bowl. This would hopefully be in reference to possible BCS or BCS Championship spoilers.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

The problem is in the last week of the season, the SEC teams aren't available other than Georgia and Florida (who play Georgia Tech and Florida State) and they aren't available in Conference Championship Week. I'd go beginning of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm sure Colin Cowherd would get a kick out of this. Too bad it would be the same comments made over and over for the five minutes.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
Banned

I just think it would be an interesting thing to do as a fan of the Big Ten. I like to hate on the SEC, but I can't deny their overall talent.

Since there are so many battles over who is deserving I would like to be able to put some of it to rest in my fictional video-game world. (If I can)
Old 11-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish Kentucky would do a home/home series in football and bball with Ohio State since we are geographic rivals and the people here hate the state of Ohio just as much as Tennessee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »