Home

Where's the 360's Patch?

This is a discussion on Where's the 360's Patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #41
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Where's the 360's Patch?

Any word on this freakin patch? Bowl season is almost here so let's hope this along with the patch can increase there Christmas sales. Because that all that matters to these companies at the end of the day! Its just not good business to ignore your presently largest next gen consumer base and not offer them the same necessary bug fixes and or increased gameplay experience.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 25

I've said this before and will say it again. EA doesn't care about us hardcore NCAA gamers. They appeal to the mainstream gamer, and the mainstream gamer has probably already stopped playing this game. They know that they will just go out and by the game next year no matter what.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #43
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

It's pretty sad when a patch has to be released to fix game issues. Even worse when it's months and months after the release. Lazy on EA's part all around.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 12-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #44
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoshark
I've said this before and will say it again. EA doesn't care about us hardcore NCAA gamers. They appeal to the mainstream gamer, and the mainstream gamer has probably already stopped playing this game. They know that they will just go out and by the game next year no matter what.
So your saying that they will just frget about the patch for 360 even after they put it out for PS3?

I can assure you a patch will come out.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #45
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18

It is so stupid the whole situation....Bottom line for me is "this used to be my favorite release every single year" and what have they done..****ined the game with no atmosphere and turnovers and fumbles and bad logic by the computer...its crazy..I pop in nfl2k5 on my 360 and they actually have a presentation...you feel like your in a game and it may not be perfect but next to this piece fo crap it seems perfect...i mean really think of the resources and money they have..and what do they spend it on???? They spend it on mini games that noone cares about. I hate it.

The game is stale period along with Madden thats the problem. Wrong people running that ship!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 12:23 AM   #46
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

That is the one thing I do not understand. Madden and NCAA already had "presentation" on old gen systems and the PC. In fact, they had it for years. Whose bright idea was it to take it out/not port it over to the new game, and why?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #47
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
That is the one thing I do not understand. Madden and NCAA already had "presentation" on old gen systems and the PC. In fact, they had it for years. Whose bright idea was it to take it out/not port it over to the new game, and why?
It's a no-win situation, really.

In order to build a new, truly "next-gen" game, it's necessary to code specifically for next-gen systems.

If they had "ported" content from the current gen to the new consoles, you'd have thread after thread here (and everywhere else) bitching about how the "next-gen" NCAA is a rip-off because it looks just like the current-gen.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #48
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorychaser
It is so stupid the whole situation....Bottom line for me is "this used to be my favorite release every single year" and what have they done..****ined the game with no atmosphere and turnovers and fumbles and bad logic by the computer...its crazy..I pop in nfl2k5 on my 360 and they actually have a presentation...you feel like your in a game and it may not be perfect but next to this piece fo crap it seems perfect...i mean really think of the resources and money they have..and what do they spend it on???? They spend it on mini games that noone cares about. I hate it.

The game is stale period along with Madden thats the problem. Wrong people running that ship!
EA is far away the most profitable company in the gaming industry. They're the Microsoft or Cisco of video games.

Something tells me that the hardcore gamers, all 30 of us, are the ONLY people on the face of the earth that think the wrong people are running that ship...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »