Home

who has NEVER????

This is a discussion on who has NEVER???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: who has NEVER????

I never had the patience to do dynasty mode until recently when I decided to do an Oregon dynasty. Because I had to get used to the game on 360 (was playing PS2 version), I didn't end up in the National Title game. I ended up facing (and beating) Colorado State in the Armed Forces Bowl.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
NCAA 2008. Again, year 2 of my UGA dynasty. We finish the year ranked #3, just missing the championship game. Louisville blows out Ohio State in the championship and we finish the year ranked #2.

All the other years I've played with teams like UCF and Tulsa.
Isn't that freakin' annoying! My 8th season coaching The Gamecocks was just like that. Finished the regular season with 1 loss ranked #3. Undefeated Texas faced 1-loss (to Michigan) Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship and I had to settle for the Sugar Bowl. I knew my team was better than Notre Dame that year. My one loss came to then #4 Auburn while Notre Dame lost to Michigan whom I believe was ranked #18.

I creamed Boise State in the Sugar Bowl, and Notre Dame got creamed in the BCS National Championship game. I really think I could've beaten Texas that year.

However, the following year I lost a whopping 6 seniors! Ha! With the vast majority of my starters returning, it was my 9th (most previous) season that I lead the Gamecocks to our 5th SEC Championship and 2nd National Championship, whooping an extremely overrated Florida State team 38-7. Michigan got screwed. Florida State was ranked #1 ahead of me and had one loss while Michigan and I, were #3 and #2 and undefeated respectively. They had to settle for the Rose Bowl when they should've faced me in the National Championship game. Its seriously cool see the BCS's flaws accurately recreated in the game.

Its interesting you bring up the teams you typically play with though (TCF and Tulsa). I can see that being why some people have more success in recruiting, performance and polls than others. I typically coach my own school. However, with the (boneheaded) omission of the Create-A-School mode, I typically play with my current venue of higher education (Michigan) or South Carolina (like i'm doing right now).

Last edited by VWarrior; 12-13-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbeau0805
I never had the patience to do dynasty mode until recently when I decided to do an Oregon dynasty. Because I had to get used to the game on 360 (was playing PS2 version), I didn't end up in the National Title game. I ended up facing (and beating) Colorado State in the Armed Forces Bowl.
A lot of the fun of Dynasty is to road to achieving just that, a Dynasty. You build the program into a perennial powerhouse by annually recruiting well and winning conference championships and bowl games.

For me its the most fun when you build up a small-time program 1-2* program. Like I just said above, I usually create my own school, put them in the Big Ten (bumping out Indiana) and build the program up. For whatever reason, though, EA didn't include this mode into the current gen version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #12
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I won it in year 4 this year with Georgia, and won the Heisman in Year 5, but I lost 3 games and had to play in the Outback bowl.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #13
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

In NCAA '05 on XBOX, after playing a few years with Gators, I created a team made of a bunch of friends, family and former teammates (I created players with fairly realistic ratings, i.e. not everyone was an 85 OVR or above). I swapped my team for Vanderbilt in the SEC. I struggled the first year, but the second year, I somehow managed to get in the title game after winning the SECCG. I think I matched up against Texas in the title game and lost a close one.

This was the closest I ever got to a national championship. I only restart games if I absolutely have to. If I had to leave the console on for a couple of hours, I would not restart, but if I couldn't play for like a day, then I would restart a game.

To answer your question, I have NEVER....
Old 12-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I have NEVER won the NC and have been playing since '99.

As a Cougar fan, it just isn't in the cards to have a National Championship season.
I think I get more enjoyment out of having 3-6 loss seasons.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
A lot of the fun of Dynasty is to road to achieving just that, a Dynasty. You build the program into a perennial powerhouse by annually recruiting well and winning conference championships and bowl games.

For me its the most fun when you build up a small-time program 1-2* program. Like I just said above, I usually create my own school, put them in the Big Ten (bumping out Indiana) and build the program up. For whatever reason, though, EA didn't include this mode into the current gen version.

Agreed. I enjoyed losing those 5 games, actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I won it in year 4 this year with Georgia, and won the Heisman in Year 5, but I lost 3 games and had to play in the Outback bowl.
Ahh, I won my first Heisman in 2006. Then won 2-3 Heismans in 2007, all coaching my own school. I have yet to win it in 2008, though (not counting Campus Legend). I came close in 9th year National Championship season. I had a lighting fast receiver (98 speed) who could easily beat any defensive back trying to cover him. I just barely lost it during the Conference championship week. I faced Alabama who had a really weak run defense and I exploited it. I always had the thought in the back of my head that maybe I should air it out some more to help my Heisman candidate's chances, but I had a BCS NC bid on the line and I wasn't taking any chances. The Heisman winner, a QB, judging from the stats, had a Tim Tebow-type game and beat out my receiver in the voting.

My reciever graduated after that year, but I then my returning HB was the preseason #1 candidate for my current season and was having a great year. Then I believe in week 3 he broke his collarbone and that was the end of the season and Heisman race for him. Thats as close as I've gotten.

BTW, here's a video of my 2nd place Heisman candidate receiver during my most recent National Championship season:

http://www.easportsworld.com/index_e...S%20World/1292

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »