Home

Cutting players

This is a discussion on Cutting players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3
Cutting players

Do you guys ever feel bad about cutting players? Anybody have any rules when it comes to that? I always feel a little bad having to cut players. I have a rule that i won't cut any players from my home state and won't cut seniors. How do you guys feel about that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Cutting players

I won't cut a freshman or a RS freshman. I'll only cut seniors if they have no shot at any playing time.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't like it, either. Its one of the reasons why I try not to "over-recruit" so I won't have to go through that guilty process as much later. Sometimes it can be a benefit, though. Recently if I have a roster too large, i'll actually analyze my players at the positions in question and determine if they're "dead weight". As in, they're unlikely to ever start so the future may as well be now.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoshark
I won't cut a freshman or a RS freshman. I'll only cut seniors if they have no shot at any playing time.
Not even the 1-2* walk ons?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #5
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I feel bad about some of them. Every year there is one guy who just seemed to really want to be on my team. One of those guys the second you offer he commits. I had 3 of them last year, and well, I had zero casualties to the NFL, I had expected about 4. That sucks.

I usually cut guys who just don't develop right or they come in different from what I thought they would and have to give them the axe. I wish I could have more players on my team, but it just doesn't work out that way. Predicting players leaving early is so hard, and with 70 player rosters, its tough to play that line. Especially because you don't really know until so late in the recruiting season. Say you are in the same case that Ohio State was in this year, with Ginn and Gonzalez both leaving early, one may have been expected but not two. I can only afford 6 or so WRs, and having 3/6 leave early would really effect how I would recruit. Oh well, its better than the 55 it used to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I almost always end up over recruiting just so i get the best players on my team but its tough on cut down day. Ya want to give everyone a chance but when measuring frosh sometimes you just have to go with your gut. Don't know how we ever did it when there was only 55. Seems so long ago.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i dont normally cut upper classmen, only exception would be if he is a redshirt senoir and has no chance of playing, i play it off as if he graduated and lefted as he most likely is done with school after 4 years and he is on his 5th. i could new recruits if needed that are not very good. luckly with playing as low rated team i dont have to worry about cutting players that much.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't feel to guilty about it but I do hate trying to narrow it down. I tend to trim from positions with to much depth and if that player is just to damn slow (like a CB with 78 speed).

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »