Home

The patch fixed nothing (360)

This is a discussion on The patch fixed nothing (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #25
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The patch fixed nothing (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic7
Those seem like pretty astonomical offensive numbers to me, but I can't really think of a lot of ways to fix it with sliders. The only thing that I guess I might be able to look at are pass block sliders, so the computer doesn't have so much time to pass -- seemed like it had all day.
You pretty much summed up the quandry with this game. Sliders with this one are an exercise in frustration. If you lower the pass block slider for the CPU, you will probably see even more INTs and Sacks for Fumbles. Unfortunately there really isn't a fix.

To enjoy this game, I recommend pretending that it is 1992. Imagine that you are playing your NES, and then someone drops a 360 or PS3 in your lap with NCAA 08.....YOu are going to be totally pumped. And even though you will notice all the unrealistic features of the game, you'll love it anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #26
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
1. D1AA Teams.
2. Endzone Names in Bowls
3. Entrances.

There are more, but those are the first to come to mind.
Create a team, multiple camera angles...
Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #27
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
My take on the sprint function:
I personally think the sprint button should be eliminated for a couple reasons.
Speed should be "there" without having to push a button for it. I never understood the speed button reasoning. If a person is rated a 90 speed then when I move the stick the whole way he should get to his rated 90 speed. Getting to his top speed is then dependenat on his acc rating.

Secondly I hate playing online and throwing a pass that at the least should be dropped or caught by WR. (I never switch to wr on passes).
Example is a perfectly timed out route. The ball is thrown...the d human player switches to the closest DB and hits sprint and either bats the ball or intercepts a pass that he really never should have gotten too. It wouldn't be as big an issue if I switched to WR and tried to combat that but I prefer not to. (age )

Same way when people complain about the CPU throwing too many INT's. Most but not all are switching to the closest D and sprinting to the ball which puts the CPU at a disadvantage. If all games were played with the no sprint rule lots of AI interceptions wouldn't happen.

Just my .02

Not saying I'm right or wrong but it's my opinion.

Also can someone answer about what the old gen has feature wise that next gen doesn't.
I agree 100% on the sprint button. After not using it for awhile now, I don't see myself using it against the CPU anymore. Whats great is that even without pushing it, faster guys will run faster than slower guys, but not by much.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #28
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
1. D1AA Teams.
3. Entrances.

Is 05 Texas and USC in the ps2 game? Since achievements don't work on the 360 version, I might consider doing a swap
Old 01-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
1. D1AA Teams.
3. Entrances.

Formation subs (not 100% on this)
Alternate jerseys
Old 01-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #30
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
If a person is rated a 90 speed then when I move the stick the whole way he should get to his rated 90 speed. Getting to his top speed is then dependenat on his acc rating.
It's amazing how simple it is, isn't it? EA seems to hand us real head-scratchers like this every single day.

Quote:
Same way when people complain about the CPU throwing too many INT's. Most but not all are switching to the closest D and sprinting to the ball which puts the CPU at a disadvantage. If all games were played with the no sprint rule lots of AI interceptions wouldn't happen.
Can't agree with this. It's precisely the INTs the AI makes by itself that are the problem. If it were simply a matter of there being too many user picks, the problem would have been solved long ago by simply not making switches while the ball's in the air.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #31
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Can't agree with this. It's precisely the INTs the AI makes by itself that are the problem. If it were simply a matter of there being too many user picks, the problem would have been solved long ago by simply not making switches while the ball's in the air.
Exactly.

100% of my picks are AI picks. I play as the DE or DT and NEVER switch players until after a pass is CAUGHT.

I don't user pick, and still get 3-5 a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #32
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Exactly.

100% of my picks are AI picks. I play as the DE or DT and NEVER switch players until after a pass is CAUGHT.

I don't user pick, and still get 3-5 a game.
Same with me. I am usually too slow to switch and make the pick. If I was, there might at least be a little sense of satisfaction.

On defense in this game, I generally feel that it doesn't matter what I do. The CPU is going to shread me, or throw a pick. I see very few CPU punts....probaby an average of 2 a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »