Home

The patch fixed nothing (360)

This is a discussion on The patch fixed nothing (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2008, 10:18 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The patch fixed nothing (360)

So I picked this game up again on yesterday from Wal-Mart. Maybe it's all in my head but I certainly see a difference in the passing game. I was able to throw a rainbow in an exhibition game and even fit in some passes that would have been sure interceptions before.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's still a ton of INTs and on the unrealistic side. On the default settings, there are far too many interceptions by the cpu. Even with massive slider tweaks there are too many but it gets better and I can live with it.

For the op, lower human defensive awareness to 0 and drop both INT sliders to 0. You should also consider raising the cpu QB accuracy slider (which acts more like an ability slider). Lowering the knockdown slider will also help (try 25 for both sides). It will help reduce the cpu interceptions.

Raising running back ability will significantly cut down on fumbles as well. The cpu rarely fumbles against me.
I am trying this now, any thoughts from other people on doing this?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #35
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjandai
I am trying this now, any thoughts from other people on doing this?
I am doing this...It helps, but still not great. Basically, the CPU still throws pics, and when it is not, it is schredding me. Very few incompletions, and few punts. A typical CPU QB stat line is 28-35 with 3 pics.

Ultimately, it comes down to whether the CPU will spoon-feed me a couple pic-6's or not. If it does, I'll win. If not I'll lose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am doing this...It helps, but still not great. Basically, the CPU still throws pics, and when it is not, it is schredding me. Very few incompletions, and few punts. A typical CPU QB stat line is 28-35 with 3 pics.

Ultimately, it comes down to whether the CPU will spoon-feed me a couple pic-6's or not. If it does, I'll win. If not I'll lose.
I agree with this. Slider sets with AWR too low just screw the game up more than it already is by basically making the CPU near unstoppable unless it throws a pic, which it stil does too much anyway although it's somewhat reduced.

I've had my best results using Jistic's or Matt10's sliders. With these I've had the CPU play well wihtout passing for 85% or so. The downside is that you often have to live with 3-4 pick game by the CPU. There are only 2 ways to deal with this IMO:

1-Supersim whenever you're on defense using the "sim next play" option. This produces pretty good stats. Beware of the "watch next play" option as it uses the game engine and often results in a pick, just as if you were playing.

2-Cut down on the pick-6's by not returning the INTs or not using the speed burst when returning them. If an INT doesn't result in a TD or big return, it doesn't effect the result of the game as much. It only impacts the stats. I've found that the CPU's picks often occur deep in offensive territory anyway.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

I moved the defensive awareness to 25, not 0, not 50.

ints 0.
knockdowns 25.

on all American.

not so bad so far.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #38
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
1-Supersim whenever you're on defense using the "sim next play" option. This produces pretty good stats. Beware of the "watch next play" option as it uses the game engine and often results in a pick, just as if you were playing.
I have no problem with house rules. Infact I think in every sports video game that I have played, I have had to incorporate a few limits on myself. But this a pretty big one....not playing defense at all. Defense is half the game. But with that being said, I think you are right that this is the only way to make the game realistic.

I have taken a different approach and just "tried" to accept that this game is not realistic. Less realistic than '03 was which is a pretty sad statement. I try to put my mindset as if it was 1993 and this game came along...it would be incredible. It works.....sometimes. I would say that about 50% of my games end up being pretty fun, with the other 50% end up in the ridiculous category. Even the good games usually have a defensive TD for each team....but at least it evens out then.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

That was funny...

Don't play defense.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #40
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan

This is actually how I play. I get the numbers that are good, game takes less time to play, and playing defense in EA games was never fun for me anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »