Home

Anyone Else Not Agree With Shifty Moves on Left Stick and Spin on Right?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Not Agree With Shifty Moves on Left Stick and Spin on Right? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #1
Rookie

DaRealChrono's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone Else Not Agree With Shifty Moves on Left Stick and Spin on Right?

I read the article and then picked up my controller and tested it with how "fluid" and comfortable the shift moves would be. It feels extremely awkward and I just don't see it working...I don't understand why they don't move the cover ball to B (O) and make the shifty moves a tap of LB (L1) and RB (R1) back and forth...

Another thing that had me concerned was moving Spin from B to the right stick in a circle...I played Fight Night and DJ Icon...the spinning was unresponsive...I believe they tried this gimmick before and it didn't pan out either...

Not trying to nitpick...But I actually thought the control scheme was already good as it was...What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone Else Not Agree With Shifty Moves on Left Stick and Spin on Right?

You could always just change it back. They also said you can still use face buttons.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
Rookie

DaRealChrono's Arena

OVR: 2

Oh? I must have missed that part...Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #4
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

i think having it on the stick actually gives you more control in breaking in and out of the move. if it's a bottom it feels like you're forced to wait for the animation to carry out. not really disagreeing with cause i don't really know yet, i still have to wait and see. but it's just my 2 cents.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

How can you know how it feels when you haven't played it yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

In theory it sounds very intuitive to me, but implementation is everything of course.

There are tons things to consider, but one of the major keys will be if they give the defense its own set of animations(with the same level of user control) to balance out what the offense has. If not the offense will be too overpowered.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:52 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 21

I think it will work fine. I already did something similar (moving the stick side to side to try and shake the defender). Now there is just an animation for it.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
In theory it sounds very intuitive to me, but implementation is everything of course.

There are tons things to consider, but one of the major keys will be if they give the defense its own set of animations(with the same level of user control) to balance out what the offense has. If not the offense will be too overpowered.
As of now thats my only fear. Every year they come up with a new gimmick but it ends up being useless or too overpowering. NCAA 10 will have the all new wrap tackling feature that will help you stop the new breakaway running system from 09...will it ever end? With all this focus on the run game i sure hope they dont forget passing, defense, and oh yea..COLLEGE ATMOSPHERE..I want Notre Dame, and Miami's signature entrance. I want the sideline to be populated to some degree, and homefield advantage to really feel like it. No gimmicks..just all the little things we care about. Not trying to sound all high and mighty but i just want a complete experience

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »