Home

Colored gloves??? Please tell me EA knows...

This is a discussion on Colored gloves??? Please tell me EA knows... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Colored gloves??? Please tell me EA knows...

that only grey gloves are used, barring I missed an announcement. They look good, but hey, it's not in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Colored gloves??? Please tell me EA knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
that only grey gloves are used, barring I missed an announcement. They look good, but hey, it's not in the game.
the "logic" of EA Sports never ceases to amaze me.

No referees, field goal nets, chain gang, actual detailed sidelines, etc, but hey, COLORED GLOVES!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

This is why Ebay and Craigslist are the only way I buy EA Sports games now. Morons.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you care so much why don't you work for EA? '08 was a good game, no it wasn't perfect, nor did it have it great a realistic game atmosphere and the second hand things that are in real life games like the chains, better sidelines, refs, etc.., the most important thing was the game-play, which was greatly improved from '07 (which was horrendous) to '08, especially when you get about seven or eight years into your dynasty, the game can be extremely realistic and entertaining to play.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

There are more important things than glove color, referees, uniforms, chain gangs, field goal nets, etc.

Honestly, I'm about sick of all the talk about this stuff and how it adds to replayability and game depth. I see it once, go "oh that's cool," then almost never notice it again.

What adds to game depth and replayability is gameplay. That's what will keep me coming back for me, not the field goal net going up a few times a game.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
the "logic" of EA Sports never ceases to amaze me.

No referees, field goal nets, chain gang, actual detailed sidelines, etc, but hey, COLORED GLOVES!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

This is why Ebay and Craigslist are the only way I buy EA Sports games now. Morons.

wow lol och man that was harsh. But I would rather care about game play than any of these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
There are more important things than glove color, referees, uniforms, chain gangs, field goal nets, etc.

Honestly, I'm about sick of all the talk about this stuff and how it adds to replayability and game depth. I see it once, go "oh that's cool," then almost never notice it again.

What adds to game depth and replayability is gameplay. That's what will keep me coming back for me, not the field goal net going up a few times a game.
I agree AND disagree. The little things, while cool, are not as important as gameplay... HOWEVER, great atmosphere DOES add to replayability, and things like referees, chain gangs, and nets simply add to that overall realistic atmosphere feeling.

While having it play like football is, of course, the most important thing, it also need to FEEL like football...

Old 03-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by markees007
wow lol och man that was harsh. But I would rather care about game play than any of these.
Hey I agree with you 100%.

If they can't get this stuff right, how in the hell are they going to get the technicalities of gameplay?

Like I said. EA Sports does not get my money anymore. Period.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/20...ball_rules.pdf

"If worn, gloves or handpads must be gray in color. The recommended shades of gray are Pantone Cool Gray 8C, Cool Gray 9C, 423C and 430C."
Pg. 31 FR-31

Illegal Equipment
"Gloves or handpads that are not gray in color or not in conformance with Rule 1-4-5b."
Pg. 34 FR-34

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »