Home

NCAA Football 09 New Features Announced

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 New Features Announced within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #41
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: New Features for NCAA 09 Listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Not just 60 FPS on PS3, a smooooth 60 FPS Sage. LOL.

Seriously tho, how is this a bullet point feature? I can understand mentioning it in an interview or in a preview, but in a feature list? That's ridiculous. It should have been in last year(as well as in 07) and EA shouldn't use it as something to get a pat on the back this year. EA is really funny.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #42
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: New Features for NCAA 09 Listed

Hmm...anybody notice this was all posted with a 4.1.08 date?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #43
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NCAA Football 09 New Features Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I don't think anyone is quite sure yet.
im thinkin it means when the play is over players will act accordingly, perhaps celebrating a big play, helping teammates up, etc etc.

i am still hoping for ESPN overlays and better pre and postgame presentation.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #44
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Alot of good things on the list. But the list sounds good every year.

HFA scares me a bit.

I would be cautious about the online dynasties. NHL '08 is a great game, but the online leagues are very bare-boned. No stats, no postseason etc.

I am more concerned about the features they don't promote. Like last year they neglected to promote 12 turnover games with 2 gauranteed pic 6's.

I have high hopes for this game, and this list is exciting........but not near high enough for it to be an automatic purchase.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I don't think anyone is quite sure yet.
Thats why I am kinda having a problem year after year with EA/Tiburon...Alot of the stuff on the list SOUNDS pretty good but its all just a bunch of rhetoric and BUZZ words.

Dynamic this or Interactive that, smooth FPS...blah, blah, blah...meanwhile I will guarantee you that you'll still be able to hike the frickin ball and SPRINT straight backwards 25 yards and throw a 60 yd strike...Or better yet you'll run the option get tackled but pitch the ball out of the helmet ear hole...There will not be weather online. The rest of the crap they are talking about is, like many have said, REINTRODUCED features.

If EA really wanted to improve the game they would start with a NEW PHYSICS ENGINE...I swear every year they brag about the THOUSANDS of animations added to the game but I'll be damned if I only end up seeing the same stale animations game after game.

I realize I sound like the ***** but truth be told NCAA is one of my favorite games and its not that EA's iteration of NCAA is unplayable or a BAD game...Its just getting old seeing the same old game year after..year...after...(get my drift)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #46
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Seeing as you'll be able to watch CPU vs CPU hopefully that means that they will have some more camera angles for everybody who likes those

Yeah as others of said this list is a positive sign for sure, but there is still a tun of stuff that EA could get wrong on the technical side......and I swear If I go an edit one of my players and it F**** up my depth chart just by doing that........I'll flip
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Alot of good things on the list. But the list sounds good every year.

HFA scares me a bit.

I would be cautious about the online dynasties. NHL '08 is a great game, but the online leagues are very bare-boned. No stats, no postseason etc.

I am more concerned about the features they don't promote. Like last year they neglected to promote 12 turnover games with 2 gauranteed pic 6's.

I have high hopes for this game, and this list is exciting........but not near high enough for it to be an automatic purchase.
The old EA Locker feature was pretty good...I mean you had all stats and information on a game file and it was quite comprehensive...The only problem was you could only see the stats and information on a memory card or stored on your HD...There was no site that actually maintained the league...I'd look for the ONLINE DYNASTY to be bare bones like NHL or something like the old EA LOCKER feature
Old 04-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
College sidelines are packed with additional players, mascots, cheerleaders, and more
Does this mean no more 3-D sprite-ish looking players doing the Billy Ray Cyrus achy brakey line dance on the sideline???

Are they finally gonna give us complete artwork and player models on the sideline that may even be interactive with players on the field???

Last edited by Oldschool17; 04-02-2008 at 11:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »