Home

Dont fall for the HYPE!!!

This is a discussion on Dont fall for the HYPE!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #209
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Dont fall for the HYPE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Come on now, I can see you are bending over backwards to defend 2k. But everyone, and I mean everyone knew that EA re-upping the licensing deal was a foregone conclusion. 2k knew, EA knew it, the NFL knew it, and 95% of the people here knew it.

There was never any doubt that EA would have the licenses exclusively for as long as they want them.
On the other hand I agree that 2K really had no good, logical reason to not let us completely customize the experience. None what so ever. The reason given was stupid and insulting. Thinking about what could have been with All Pro still pisses me off to this day.

With that said the game is still a much better representation of football gameplay and presentation-wise then both NCAA and Madden.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #210
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
On the other hand I agree that 2K really had no good, logical reason to not let us completely customize the experience. None what so ever. The reason given was stupid and insulting. Thinking about what could have been with All Pro still pisses me off to this day.
I completely agree. There was no reason for it not to be fully customizable ala WE Soccer. They knew they were never going to see the NFL license again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
With that said the game is still a much better representation of football gameplay and presentation-wise then both NCAA and Madden.

For the most part, I don't disagree. I count NFL2k5 as my favorite all time football game. I still play APF regularly. That being said, I had a ton of fun with, and played NCAA a lot last year.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #211
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I completely agree. There was no reason for it not to be fully customizable ala WE Soccer. They knew they were never going to see the NFL license again.

For the most part, I don't disagree. I count NFL2k5 as my favorite all time football game. I still play APF regularly. That being said, I had a ton of fun with, and played NCAA a lot last year.
With full customization (or even some sort of franchise option) APF could of been one of those games mentioned in the same breath as NCAA 04, Tecmo Super Bowl, Bill Walsh, NFL 2k5 etc. They really dropped the ball on that title off the playing field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #212
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
With full customization (or even some sort of franchise option) APF could of been one of those games mentioned in the same breath as NCAA 04, Tecmo Super Bowl, Bill Walsh, NFL 2k5 etc. They really dropped the ball on that title off the playing field.
Also more playbook options etc. I still love the game, but leaving things like franchise mode out really hampered it imo.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #213
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
It needed a lot more work than just customization options IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #214
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It needed a lot more work than just customization options IMO.
Not on the field it didn't. That game had so much potential under the hood IF the players were customizable - forget names and uniforms just think ratings wise.

The single player was garbage for APF. The feature light season mode against the CPU AI was junk.

While the legends were an interesting concept, they got boring pretty fast with the limitations on roster types and sizes and the ineptness of your generic players. The Legends system hurt some gameplay aspects - few INTs and fumbles by legends - but like i said the "what ifs" w/ a customizable interface would have had great potential.

2k football is apples and oranges from EA what they're trying to accomplish but they do have an edge between the lines for MY playstyle. EA's NCAA was a great representation of college football last gen - it replicated the college game good enough for me. Madden however, is severly lacking and always has been.

Online leagues are still the forte of Take Two. They know how to do it right - the only thing holding the potential of that game back was the weak, weak, weak features list and lack of customization online and off.

No customization = redundant gameplay.

Last edited by umd; 05-13-2008 at 10:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »