Home

NCAA Football 09 Debut Trailer

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Debut Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #65
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 09 Debut Trailer

I hope the screen shake comes back with the HFA. I only saw the routes shaking. The camera shake always made the games more intense for me. Honestly after reviewing the trailer a couple of times, it seems just like a suped up version of 08. I enjoyed 08 for what it was but I dont think this is the jump in quality Im looking for, SO FAR. That could all change in the coming weeks but so far I might be thinking of just renting.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I thought it was very good, of course people will still find things to complain about.
even as much as I like the NCAA series(and people here know that) there were things in the trailer and things omitted, thus far, that made me sigh.

The animation where the wr tips the ball one handed to himself is one thing. The quick spin move in the opposite direction is another, although I am not to sure, they weren't trying for a fake spin move in that sequence.

And the fact that refs and chain gang especially are omitted are things that are little annoying. I could probably due without refs on the field, but my thing with the chain gang is this. You have media people on the sidelines, but no chain gang? The chain gang doesn't move really, they are pretty much in place unless a player runs towards/into them.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Looks like they will have DB Inside and Outside shade. They need to have match up zone too so that on offense you cannot easily tell it's man or zone. One of the issues with the current game is that it is way too easy to tell
Old 04-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

One thing that Tiburon and anyone else developing a football game needs to do. Listen up PA LEEZZE. We need defenders to be aware of the field. What do I mean? If it is 4th and 1 and someone is going for it, and I hit the guy for no gain, please do not have one of my own players go around the back and push this man forward for a first down. It happens moreso in the redzone with the offense on the 3 or less yard line. Stop it please.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #69
Rookie

ags8sf's Arena

OVR: 2

Will there be actual team entrances this year?

What's the point of custom soundtracks if it goes straight to the coin toss for each game.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #70
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
even as much as I like the NCAA series(and people here know that) there were things in the trailer and things omitted, thus far, that made me sigh.

The animation where the wr tips the ball one handed to himself is one thing. The quick spin move in the opposite direction is another, although I am not to sure, they weren't trying for a fake spin move in that sequence.

And the fact that refs and chain gang especially are omitted are things that are little annoying. I could probably due without refs on the field, but my thing with the chain gang is this. You have media people on the sidelines, but no chain gang? The chain gang doesn't move really, they are pretty much in place unless a player runs towards/into them.
These were my biggest disappointments from the trailer as well. Maybe there is still some hope but, knowing EA, if you don't see it its probably not going to be in the game. Also it looks like the sidelines still has the zombies, just a whole lot more of them, which is fine with me it adds to the atmosphere but I hope there is at least a little interaction.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #71
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
One thing that Tiburon and anyone else developing a football game needs to do. Listen up PA LEEZZE. We need defenders to be aware of the field. What do I mean? If it is 4th and 1 and someone is going for it, and I hit the guy for no gain, please do not have one of my own players go around the back and push this man forward for a first down. It happens moreso in the redzone with the offense on the 3 or less yard line. Stop it please.
I lost a bowl game last year due to this very instance. I was so mad, that I cut the player that pushed the player into the endzone for the go-ahead/winning TD.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #72
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
These were my biggest disappointments from the trailer as well. Maybe there is still some hope but, knowing EA, if you don't see it its probably not going to be in the game. Also it looks like the sidelines still has the zombies, just a whole lot more of them, which is fine with me it adds to the atmosphere but I hope there is at least a little interaction.
I am hoping that "post play continuation" will somehow involve the sidelines. If not, then the players on the sidelines are pretty much worthless.

Also one thing that I wanted to mention. Why are there no more late hits in either football game? I know that the NFL/NCAA doesn't want to promote that type of behavior, but isn't it the same thing as Roughing the Quarterback?

I can understand not wanting to promote fighting and such, and that I can agree with, although a little pushing and shoving never hurt anyone, but late hits are a part of the game. Come on EA/NFL/NCAA boil-over the emotions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »