Home

Camera Angles ?

This is a discussion on Camera Angles ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Camera Angles ?

we only need ONE camera angle......... a user defined camera is all we need

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-28-2008, 01:19 AM   #10
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

yeah its garbage and any excuse EA comes up with is BS...There is no reason for this, other then the fact that they are greedy mofos testing how far they can push their bottem line.

For a company big enough to buy Take-Two on the side, you would think they could spare some $$$ to get things like this into their games

Please Pasta or cdj..someone get some answers from them on things like these and put em on the spot and embarrass them a little
Old 04-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't get it either. I've always preferred the NCAA cameras (I think they had 4 options) over Madden on the PS2 but Madden did have a user defined camera. I like the camera to be zoomed out a little more and I used to play Madden on the super high camera as well while I liked NCAA on Classic.

Unfortunately, I think the vast majority of gamers are happy with the default camera angle and EA doesn't see this as an area to focus on in order to improve sales. The default camera is something you get used to and isn't bad but I would definitely like more options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Please Pasta or cdj..someone get some answers from them on things like these and put em on the spot and embarrass them a little
That's easy to say from behind a keyboard but a lot harder in person. These people have done us a favor by inviting them to play the game. Everyone has pride in their work even if it has problems. I'm sure they can ask diplomatic questions and still get answers without having to bust their balls and try to embarrass them.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 04-28-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #12
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
we only need ONE camera angle......... a user defined camera is all we need
Haha. Ok. But that would really be multiple angles because you could make any angle you wanted. Then they could advertise it as unlimited camera angles.

Semantics, I know.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:20 AM   #13
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Unfortunately, I think the vast majority of gamers are happy with the default camera angle and EA doesn't see this as an area to focus on in order to improve sales. The default camera is something you get used to and isn't bad but I would definitely like more options.
Yeah. This I realize. If it's as easy as the one poster said though I don't get why they wouldn't take the day and set it up. It seems like it is something that's not extremely hard why not just add it so their is one less thing for people to complain about.

I am not a programmer so I can't say how easy or hard it is but it seems like a pretty basic thing to implement if thye have done it for so long and still have it in the code on the PS2.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #14
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

I second this...please push them on this topic. The one camera angle drives me crazy
Old 04-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

It would be nice to have an angle to see more of the stadium, to make the game feel more emersive. Right now, you pretty much only see grass. I'm sure the lack of stadium view equates to keeping the framerate from slowing.

I like in 2k5 you could set it low enough to see the whole field and a lot of the stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehappygamer
It would be nice to have an angle to see more of the stadium, to make the game feel more emersive. Right now, you pretty much only see grass. I'm sure the lack of stadium view equates to keeping the framerate from slowing.
I'm sure the frame rate is a big issue. The Show used to have issues with the frame rate in certain camera angles. The frame rate was already low for NCAA last year on the PS3 so I'm sure they wanted to get at least one camera angle up to 60 fps before they worked on the others. At least I'll have 60 fps this year. It would be nice to know the exact reasoning though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »