Home

Camera Angles ?

This is a discussion on Camera Angles ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #17
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Camera Angles ?

I totally forgot about frame rate. Alhtough the only thing I can respond to about that is couldn't you actaully have less detail in the higher view because you are farther away and won't notice it as much. I wokr in Video and when we have a bad greenscreen key but we shrink the object being greenscreened it always makes the key look better. So less detail wouldn't be as big of a deal and wouldn't be noticeable and therefore although there are more things on screen it should balance out with the loss of detail speedwise. Again I am not a programmer and don't know which eats up more processing power.

IMO and I know I am in the minoirty here but I'd rather have more camera angles and 30 FPS then 60 FPS.

Weren't the PS2 and PS1 versions at 30FPS and I thought they were perfectly fine. And for the time I had the PS3 version last year the frame rate didn't bother me at all. Anyone who thinks that 30fps is almost unplayable, as I remember reading last year, is going a little extreme.

I know people will argue until they are blue in the face that the 30 to 60 frame rate jump is huge. It just isn't that big of a deal to me.

Last edited by cch99; 04-28-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #18
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Frame rate must be the answer.

That, or the developers are all reading this thread snickering to themselves.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

JUST GIVE ME THE CLASSIC CAMERA VIEW
Old 04-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
I second this...please push them on this topic. The one camera angle drives me crazy
Bump...I'd really like to know the answer to this as well. I've been waiting for new camera angles for 4 stinking years, and not a word from EA/Tiburon on the subject. Whoever has made the decision to only have one stupid camera angle in Tiburon's football games should've been fired a long time ago, IMHO.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Bump...I'd really like to know the answer to this as well. I've been waiting for new camera angles for 4 stinking years, and not a word from EA/Tiburon on the subject. Whoever has made the decision to only have one stupid camera angle in Tiburon's football games should've been fired a long time ago, IMHO.
quoted for truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #22
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Ok guys... let's stop guessing... oh! it's a frame-rate issue because it's not, If so EA would have discussed this after the first years next gen series but they didn't nor has it been something they have been working on because they would have made it known and I really don't think it on EA's to do list... Besides, I really can't see much difference in these EA football/basketball titles for next gen as far as improvements since XBOX360's emergence. The camera angle plays a very important part in any sports title so please don't you guys kid yourselves... I know I'm not the only one that has played someone else wanting to change the camera angle and can't. The ability to change or define the camera angle is one of the reasons why 2K5 was so special to so many gamers simply because VC implemented this simple feature.

And as for the poster who stated that he can see the whole field... You can acheive the same depth of view with user define camera angles as well so please save that line because I'm not buying it. Sorry guys for stepping on your toes but EA needs to do some serious soul searching here... So many gamers purchased both the college and pro football titles and know damn well that both games where shallow or should I say lacked again in so many aspects of football... I like this one!!! "EA implementing the bobbled catch animation"... what a joke. EA's football titles still lack and this is an 09' release we're talking about... still scary I think I'll wait until the smoke clears before I make my decision on whether to purchase either of these two upcoming EA football titles
Old 05-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #23
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I always played with the overhead view on last gen. That was my personal favorite. I guess that was some sort of blimp view. Whenever I played in a dome, I didn't have the option to change the view. That is one of the few ways I don't won't realism. Who gives a damn if you're in a dome? I still want the same camera angles.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Honestly EA will probably never address this because most casual users don't have any issue at all with the one default camera angle. I've never heard anyone complain about it save for in these forums. I agree with you guys that we should get multiple angles and/or a custom camera but I just don't ever see that happening beacause of a lack of interest about it from the general public.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »