Home

Camera Angles ?

This is a discussion on Camera Angles ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Camera Angles ?

I know it has already been made public that their is only one camera angle available in this year's game.

What I'd be interested in knowing is if anyone out there on this site has any idea why ?

I realize a lot of people are fine with the default view but I guess I am just flabbergasted that three years in of NCAA and Madden and you are stuck playing one camera angle.

Are there so little people that care about this that EA doesn't care either or has EA ever made mention why this is not a priority at all when they've had multiple angles since the PS1 ?

I guess it's just that I want to move up to the PS3 version of both NCAA and Madden but with the camera angle they have last year just was not fun to me. Not being able to see the outside WR's killed the fun factor for me. I just feel so closed in.

The other thing I never got was that even on the PS2 version you couldn't play all the angles in domed stadiums but in Madden you could play the high angle anywhere.

Bottom line, does anyone know the reasoning why this isn't a bigger issue and if they will ever bring this back. Same with Madden, does anyone have any info if that will be the same deal ? I would assume it would be the same as NCAA but sometimes they don't always take good ideas, i.e. in-game saves, from one to the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Camera Angles ?

Only EA will be able to say why I guess..but I agree...I sure do miss the sideline camera...as you say these angles were in even the early PS1 versions of the both games...you're able to choose a camera angle when saving replays etc so why not during real gameplay...disappointing, especially for those of us that like the TV presentation feel of the games.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

for the most part i don't have any problem with the default view. after the snap i can see nearly the entire field. only time i wish it was wider is when I'm doing a WR screen to the outside WRs. i can still see the WRs, but can't see to their outside, so sometimes theres a DB there and its bad news because the DB plays the ball, but my WR just stands there running in place.

it would be better if there were more options for the camera though.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
for the most part i don't have any problem with the default view. after the snap i can see nearly the entire field. only time i wish it was wider is when I'm doing a WR screen to the outside WRs. i can still see the WRs, but can't see to their outside, so sometimes theres a DB there and its bad news because the DB plays the ball, but my WR just stands there running in place.

it would be better if there were more options for the camera though.
good post.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #5
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
What I'd be interested in knowing is if anyone out there on this site has any idea why ?
Developers often do strange little things to help ruin games. It's just part of their nature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

This is one of those perplexing things (alongside the radio announcer in Madden, ugh) that I will never get the thinking behind. The EA Sports games developed in Canada for the most part have different camera angles. What it boils down to IMHO is that it is a time issue. Most likely, there are priorities set and camera angles, for some reason, always ends up down on the list.

This all goes back to the how short can development cycles be? I think it's pushing it to get a great next-gen game with just one year of development which is why ALL companies are only just now starting to see their ultimate visions come into fruition. Really, it's a "we didn't have the time to implement this feature and might next year" type of issue. Developers kinda sound like Cubs fans these days when they say that.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

It wouldn't be very hard at all, easily done in a day, I would think. When I took a programming class in college at the end we all designed a simple game, and despite being extremely basic we still learned how to put in different camera angles. EA could do it no problem in a snap. They just chose not to for whatever reason.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
It wouldn't be very hard at all, easily done in a day, I would think. When I took a programming class in college at the end we all designed a simple game, and despite being extremely basic we still learned how to put in different camera angles. EA could do it no problem in a snap. They just chose not to for whatever reason.
If this is true I just don't understand why they wouldn't have this. It just blows my mind. NCAA and Madden are the only sports games I know that only have one viewable angle. There may be others but I don't know of any.

If it's as the post before said and that they run out of time that just seems like a weak excuse. How this woudn't be a priority just doesn't make sense.

The thing is if they can show the replay from any angle then they have the tech to do it. They proved they could do it in the past as have other games. PS1 for cripes sake so it can't be some hardware limitation or anything like that. It must be a conscious decision to leave it out.

I would love for someoene with some inside insight, say someoen that knows some facts about it, why they don't think it's important enough to implement.

As I said before too, I know alot of people are fine with the angle they provide. THe WR issue is really the main thing that gets me.

Anyway, it's extremely frustrating to me. And at this point I can withstand the urge to go out and buy it regardless then have it sit on the shelf and trade it back in. I did that enough times when I was younger with games to hold off now.

Thanks for the responses and like I said if anyone has any inside info I would love to hear it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »