Home

NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2008, 01:45 AM   #25
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
It's Classic EA. The ratings never make sense.

--Alabama is rated as good or higher than Auburn for the upteenth year in a row, even though Auburn has one of the winningest programs over the last 5 years and Bammer is hovering around .500 and coming off another stellar 6-6 season with a loss to a Sun Belt team.

--Florida who was about as stiff on defense as wet tissue paper gets an insane 94 rating on defense..making them into a virtual steel curtain in the game.

--Florida State sloshes through yet another .500 ish season and gets their annual EA hand job with a 94 overall, 99 on defense (99?! Are kidding me EA?) including a 92 on offense...an offense that was one of the worst in the nation this year.

--Ohio State gets trounced for the second consecutive year in the MNC game...and doesn't miss a beat with All 99s!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I could list 10000 other ones, but you get the drift. It's been like this for years.

That being said..at least now recruiting and custom rosters can come into play in Dynasties as opposed to being strapped with these for Online Leagues.

As ridiculous as these team ratings are...I don't even want to see the individual player ratings. we'll probably be pulling our teeth out. Its ridiculous to see so many teams rated this high. Two Teams at 99OVR I call b*ll on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 01:48 AM   #26
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

For all the flak EA has been getting recently, I think a lot of us appreciate them sending out a beta this early to OS, even if we do rip it apart. It seems as if they are making a statement to us here that they are listening.

I can't remember the last time OS had an NCAA beta, might have been 2002, I remember when Steve posted pics and videos from that game and it was the best coverage on the net.
and Ohio State
Old 05-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #27
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
For all the flak EA has been getting recently, I think a lot of us appreciate them sending out a beta this early to OS, even if we do rip it apart. It seems as if they are making a statement to us here that they are listening.

Ohio State
Oh the game is going to R-O-C-K.

But I'm definitely gonna call them out on some of the hilarious ratings we are seeing in the Beta shots.

Ohio State 99 across the board? Perfect across the board? Florida at a 94 on defense? Tebow set records all over the place last year on offense and they lost 4 games.

The ultimate though is Florida State. It's especially funny because they have them rated a 94 overall, with a perfect score on offense and a stellar 92 on offense...but they have them UNRANKED. Priceless.

Eh....we're fanatics. That's why we live to complain about SOMETHING.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:01 AM   #28
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

But I'm definitely gonna call them out on some of the hilarious ratings we are seeing in the Beta shots.

Ohio State 99 across the board? Perfect across the board? Florida at a 94 on defense? Tebow set records all over the place last year on offense and they lost 4 games.

The ultimate though is Florida State. It's especially funny because they have them rated a 94 overall, with a perfect score on offense and a stellar 92 on offense...but they have them UNRANKED. Priceless.

Yes...that FSU offense it sure has been tearing it up all 92 like over the past several years. Miami rated 86 overall, Gators D in the stratosphere after not existing last year, even UCF and USF being rated in the upper 70's. I can see that the Tiburon Florida bias is alive and well! Gotta love it!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:02 AM   #29
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

Quote:

Florida State had one of the worse offenses in America last year but gets a 92 overall. But seeing an Ole Miss team that had the worst season in SEC play in the last 13 years come in at an 84OVR and be better than my razorbacks makes me want to puke. Maybe EA knows something about these teams that we don't.... but I doubt it. Auburn should have the best defense in the SEC on this game but the Gators got it. Not trying to sound like a ***** but I would just like to see EA do there research and get this right.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:15 AM   #30
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4
Smile Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

can i get some texas tech video in their alternate unis please??? u da man steve...u da man!!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #31
Pro

First off, thanks for the screens. Yes, Florida State's rankings are way off. Hopefully that will be adjusted. Defensively, the Noles do a good job with Mickey Andrews, but they've been lacking offense for years. That's a team with a defense in the low 90s and an offense in the high 70s.

Kansas Offense: 81 - Too Low, Nebraska Offense: 88 - Too High

Fresno State Defense: 69 - Too Low, Florida Defense: 94 - Too High

UCLA Defense: 82 - Too Low, Oklahoma Defense: 94 - Too High
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 AM   #32
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Kansas' rating across the board are too low! KSU, Nebraska, and Colorado all have higher overall ratings!?!? WTF EA? I realize KU loses an All-American CB on defense, but most of the high powered offense returns. Many returning starters on defense also...a D that was overshadowed most of the year by the Offense putting up big numbers.

My opinion:
Overall: 86
Offense:89
Defense:83

Last edited by merg311; 05-14-2008 at 02:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »