Home

NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 vs. 09 Video Comparison within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #49
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA Sports: new Comparsion Video 08 vs. 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Boy I sure hate to be the one who brings REALITY to this love fest! Um how about instead of convoy blocking how bout a real QB pocket or here is a great idea actual oline/dline interaction. Once again this is EA throwing "fluff" at us and people loving it, we really are sheep. Not one of those cool new things will do anything to gameplay. Im sorry but like I said EA putting a new coat of paint on a crap engine, instead of fixing the core problem. Hey I coulb be wrong and the game could be great, but going on Ea track record I'm going to guess once again all hype no substance
I'm not fully sold either. These are necessary improvements, but nothing earth-shattering. The convoy blocking looks cool and I'm glad they added it, but I hope they fixed blocking in general. From the trenches out to downfield blocking, it sucked as hard as ever in 08.

I really like the changes but I noticed USC wearing white cleats on the sidelines, which is absurd. Plus, USC is one of the best programs going, if not the best, and they've worn white laces the last several years. EA doesn't notice. Same goes with Texas wearing white spikes on the road with the all-whites.

Some people are too naive and would buy anything EA put on the shelf regardless.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #50
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

Good video..and what exactly is this new running system? Is turbo and what not going to be the same, but just a more improved and much more fluid juking system with the right analog?

Loved the BC mascot celebration.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #51
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
they didn't show the linemen because the focus was on the QB animation while in the pocket, which is why it was labeled "Improved QB Pocket Animation"

Dude you could see a lot more of the Line play in the 08 part, then when they switch to show 09....the player curiously drops back further and gets the line out of the shot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #52
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Dude you could see a lot more of the Line play in the 08 part, then when they switch to show 09....the player curiously drops back further and gets the line out of the shot
Marketing at its finest. I still love the video though. I think I've played it 4 times already.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #53
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I'm not saying that the line protection is better, same, or worse. they weren't showing the video to show the line play, they were trying to show how the QB looks in the pocket, not the pocket it self.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #54
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'm not saying that the line protection is better, same, or worse. they weren't showing the video to show the line play, they were trying to show how the QB looks in the pocket, not the pocket it self.
Very true. It did say QB animation, didn't it? I can't get over how improved the player models are.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Nice video. I liked the pre-snap defensive movement if only because it looked cool. Player models are extremely well done. Favorite addition is still the analog running. Coupled with NCAA last gen's momentum would make for an extremely enjoyable running game.

Negatives would be the seeming lock-on blocking; the QB anim that was shown still looked unnatural; and still not much in the way of players interacting. But it was a nice hype video
I'm not so sure the pre-snap defensive movement is new. They draw a comparison between 08 and 09. Notice in 08 the guys are barely moving. They point here and there, a DT may look back at a linebacker but that's it. Now notice with the 09 they have the linebackers and the Safeties move. But my issue is, you could get the linebackers and Safeties to move the exact same way in 08 if you used the show blitz feature pre snap. They would move to the same exact spots. So the only distinction I see here is that for the 08 portion of the clip they just didn't use show blitz and in 09 they did give or take a few animations with the Safety on the left of the screen backing out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #56
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

I commented on it before: what's with the grass in '09? It looks like there's chalk all over it. The convoy blocking thing is cool, but notice how quick they cut away from the shot? That's because after dude gets in the endzone, they probably go into robot mode and start looking for the huddle instead of jumping all over the guy. They almost make up for it, but all the celebrations thereafter are only with one other teammate. Better than none, but it's still pretty shady. It's the 2009 version of the game and we still aren't seeing three and four guys push each other around after a play? We have to get excited about two guys interacting? Stuff in the "analog controlled movements" section is pretty sweet. No comment on the mascot celebrations.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 05-20-2008 at 08:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »