Home

2 new video on ign (insider only)

This is a discussion on 2 new video on ign (insider only) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #25
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: 2 new video on ign (insider only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
another thing i notice, looks like the dynamic crowd attendance is in play now games too, the upper deck wasn't full, also some empty seats in the middle deck as well. probably around 85-90% full i would guess.
Sweet im excited
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Something I noticed when Chris Wells got a TD, the announcers said "they go to the air and find the fullback for the score". I thought Wells was a HB. Also the collision detection on the TD was terrible. The LSU defender was running towards Wells who did one of those jump into the endzone holding the ball in one hand animations and the LSU guy was kind of deflected in the other direction when he hit Wells while Wells was able to get in for the TD.

Not sure if these are beta issues or not. Otherwise, video looks great!

Edit: Also, I think the user is playing on a lower difficulty level. Like some others mentioned, the players look slow. And at 6:00 into the video of the first quarter, the user threw a pass that should have been picked/batted down based on the positioning and skill of the CB (Jenkins).

Something nice that I noticed. Around the 7:35 mark of the first quarter video you can see the CB on the right side with his body turned so that he can see the QB. He then proceeds to go for the pick, but dropped it. Nice to see that he wasn't looking the other way and miraculously know the ball was being thrown there.

Last edited by mikeveli20; 05-20-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

After having one watched the 1st quarter one thing i'm surprised no one has pointed out was how well the CPU played. In fact the Buckeyes (who the user on IGN was not controlling) played almost as if another human was controlling them but you can tell from the video that it's a one player game, unless the IGN guy is playing online.

I mean the CPU QB made accurate throws, got rid of the ball under pressure quite well, mixed up the rush with the pass, followed his blocks on that screen play and all in all looked very competent running the offense. And on defense the CPU played well too, putting pressure on the QB, doubleteaming his outside WR's on 4th and long, etc.

Again, it looks so good I question if it's even the CPU playing as the Buckeyes. Almost too good to be true. We can only hope the CPU plays like this.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #28
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
Something I noticed when Chris Wells got a TD, the announcers said "they go to the air and find the fullback for the score". I thought Wells was a HB. Also the collision detection on the TD was terrible. The LSU defender was running towards Wells who did one of those jump into the endzone holding the ball in one hand animations and the LSU guy was kind of deflected in the other direction when he hit Wells while Wells was able to get in for the TD.

Not sure if these are beta issues or not. Otherwise, video looks great!
on that particular play Wells was lined up as a FB and #43 was lined up at HB. i think the collision detection was a result of the user switching and moving the player in the wrong direction, still looked weird though.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #29
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
After having one watched the 1st quarter one thing i'm surprised no one has pointed out was how well the CPU played. In fact the Buckeyes (who the user on IGN was not controlling) played almost as if another human was controlling them but you can tell from the video that it's a one player game, unless the IGN guy is playing online.

I mean the CPU QB made accurate throws, got rid of the ball under pressure quite well, mixed up the rush with the pass, followed his blocks on that screen play and all in all looked very competent running the offense. And on defense the CPU played well too, putting pressure on the QB, doubleteaming his outside WR's on 4th and long, etc.

Again, it looks so good I question if it's even the CPU playing as the Buckeyes. Almost too good to be true. We can only hope the CPU plays like this.
lol, i was thinking the same thing. it looks like it might be more challenging, although we have no idea what level he is playing on.

EDIT: another thing i found funny, at the 9:02 mark in the 1st video, it sound like someone in the crowd yelled "I love this game!". lol

Last edited by Solidice; 05-20-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #30
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

What system are the videos played on?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #31
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I'll gladly take that PM too. The info about the CPU is sounding pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #32
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
What system are the videos played on?
Xbox 360

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »