Home

Ncaa Football 2004

This is a discussion on Ncaa Football 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Ncaa Football 2004

NCAA 2004 was my ****.

The only real problem i had with the game was the only weak side running play was speed option.

Sure there were small issues with the game, like North Texas' dominance, and the 25 *****s we'd sign every year, but it was so much fun and ahead of its time. Easily the best NCAA game, and on par with 2k5.

As for Gamebreaker, they completely owned NCAA on the PS1. It wasn't even close. Aside from Create a Play, NCAA literally did nothing better than Gamebreaker. Plus GB had the best dynasty mode ever with its career mode/
Old 06-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

If i remember right in 05 on the xbox version there was a frame rate issue.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

A thread on NCAA04? You dont say...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
04 - deep ball (first year of online so I was only online and it was manageable) 55 man rosters were a little weak.

05 - drops (CPU and HUM) and terrible CPU QB play. Every game was either 16-19 or 3-19 for completion %. What a terrible game that was. You nailed it. And the sim engine for WRs was just hideous. Bad framerate on the XBOX.

06 - Nothing game killing I can remember really. Impact players were a little over done and the deep ball was money.

07 (360) - stripped down features, bare bones playbooks and sluggish gameplay compared to PS2. Exactly. PS2/XBOX version had the CPU never and I mean NEVER missing FGs.

08 (360) - CPU AI turnover bug. Awful fun killer.You know it.
See bolded. It was only a matter of time before this thread got started...again.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #13
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
See bolded. It was only a matter of time before this thread got started...again.
06 was probably the next best effort after 04 - but that could be because 05 was so so poor.

Forgot about the auto FG. I was so underwhelmed (and disappointed) by 07 I honestly didn't play it as much as any other previous version. I bought it later on PS2 I was so unimpressed w/ the "power" of next gen. Even 05 got more burn than 07.

I wish they would make 04 backwards compatible just for fun. Unbelievable there are so many missing features still 3 years into the new cycle.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #14
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

defense was absent from 04. I can remember my brother and I playing against each other and we'd put a 1000 yards on each other.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
NCAA 2004 was my ****.

The only real problem i had with the game was the only weak side running play was speed option.

Sure there were small issues with the game, like North Texas' dominance, and the 25 *****s we'd sign every year, but it was so much fun and ahead of its time. Easily the best NCAA game, and on par with 2k5.

As for Gamebreaker, they completely owned NCAA on the PS1. It wasn't even close. Aside from Create a Play, NCAA literally did nothing better than Gamebreaker. Plus GB had the best dynasty mode ever with its career mode/

There are quite a few weakside running plays actually. Especially out of the I form twins package. There are also a few in the weak I and strong I formations. I'm in the middle of a dynasty as we speak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 9

I still love me some '04 and I popped in '06 yesterday and it has the old jerseys and helmets for classic teams too. I can just imagine watching those entrances with the new player models and lighting, it would be awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »