Home

Ncaa Football 2004

This is a discussion on Ncaa Football 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

Taitr23's Arena

OVR: 2
Ncaa Football 2004

If you go to IGN and read the review for this game, it really makes you wonder about how we are 4 years later, and the game has tons of less features.

It just really shows that lack of competition equals inferior products. I still love playing Ncaa, just thought it was interesting how we are still missing little things that we all would love to see in.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/428/428982p1.html

Not really intended to flame Ea, just to start some conversation

Last edited by Taitr23; 06-01-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ncaa Football 2004

Oh boy, another one of these for NCAA football. While NCAA 04 was the best in the entire series, EA has NEVER had any competition in the college football market. Do not say the terrible Gamebreaker series that lasted all of 2 (?) seasons.

The problem with NCAA IMO since the jump to next gen is the Maddenization of the game design (from gameplay to lack of presentation) - not a lack of competition.

NCAA used to stand alone in its development and college football representation - now it is too closely tied to Madden development which has terribly hurt the series.

If anything, NCAA has ALWAYS had the most competition from EA itself - trying to get the game released that month earlier with more polished and unique features to "steal" some football dollars before Madden's release.

Competition is a lame excuse for the NCAA series.

and here even from the IGN article itself:
Quote:
Closing Comments
NCAA Football 2004 is a game so good, it has no competition. That's right, Sega backed off of this year's college football race, so if you're a fan of amateur athletics, this is the only game available this season.
Some still absent features from just 04 to note:
*multiple camera angles
*team specific entrances (i.e. Notre Dame's Play Like a Champion)
*Create a School
*All DI and 36 DIAA teams AND 100 classic teams
*Classic teams w/ college football's greatest situations

It's amazing what is still missing from just one version of NCAA 04 5 years ago.

Edit: way to edit your post after reading mine.

Last edited by umd; 06-01-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

NCAA 04 was a great game, had my longest dynasty running in that game. Since then I don't think I finished two years...

and kind of related, I was watching a Youtube clip of Triple Play 98 (10 years ago!) and that game had way better presentation than anything next gen EA related. (Bangs head repeatedly against wall in frustration)
Old 06-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

ncaa 04 was the best there ever was, I loved that game. You could play with teams from like the early 1940's and they had crappy helmets, jerseys, and all.

I remember that easports bio system, it was awesome. I really think they should implement that into the current ea games, it would give you a little something if you had played the previous game or something. I remember I used to play ncaa, madden, live, and march madness so I would have weeks on that thing. I didn't have much else to do other than shoot hoops back when I was 10.

Last edited by auburntigersfan; 06-01-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

wasn't the deep ball money in '04? or was that '03? either way i didn't play it much, as i had school, football, and work. '06 or '08(360) would be the one i played the most in terms of dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
wasn't the deep ball money in '04? or was that '03? either way i didn't play it much, as i had school, football, and work. '06 or '08(360) would be the one i played the most in terms of dynasty mode.
From what I remember it was. I can remember my friend and I in a Florida dynasty. Leak to Caldwell for 800+ yards and 8 TDs against Air Force on Heisman (it was late and Air Force started a comeback so we smacked them back down).
Old 06-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
From what I remember it was. I can remember my friend and I in a Florida dynasty. Leak to Caldwell for 800+ yards and 8 TDs against Air Force on Heisman (it was late and Air Force started a comeback so we smacked them back down).
that was the best part
Old 06-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

04 - deep ball (first year of online so I was only online and it was manageable)

05 - drops (CPU and HUM) and terrible CPU QB play. Every game was either 16-19 or 3-19 for completion %. What a terrible game that was.

06 - Nothing game killing I can remember really.

07 (360) - stripped down features, bare bones playbooks and sluggish gameplay compared to PS2.

08 (360) - CPU AI turnover bug. Awful fun killer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »