Home

One thing to keep in mind.....

This is a discussion on One thing to keep in mind..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: One thing to keep in mind.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
I dunno dude, it is easy to get caught up on the hype train especially if you're at an EA sponsored event playing the game for a limited time. The turnover issues weren't exactly obvious last year until one had played the game for some time.

Seems lame to say it, but I won't believe a thing until I've actually played it myself. It just too hard to trust sources these days. They'll say everything is fine and you buy it and realize there are framerate issues, or turnover issues. Not everyone has the same standards.
I totally agree... couple that with the fact that I always kinda like the game on day freaking ONE because you aren't all that use to the controls, you know there are sliders to come, and you are optimistic. Then after 1.5 - 2 weeks of getting better and messing with sliders you start to figure out that you have been duped by the hype machine once again and you were foolish to think this would be any more of a realistic simulator then Halo 3 is to real life warfare. If you are able to accept that and don't mind super high scores and QB percentages which render all of the year ending awards useless, then I think this game and the whole series is great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 30

I'll believe it when I see it.

08 was supposed to be amazing. For the most part, it was pretty good, but I don't think any single player rating for the game should have been higher than a 4 or 5 out of 10.

I'll probably wait a week or two to see what issues pop up.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
I have to say despite '08s issues, I haven't been this excited for an NCAA Football installment since '06 with anticipation of Race for the Heisman.
careful vwarrior, you may end up like me and it's disappointment time man

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I'll believe it when I see it.

08 was supposed to be amazing. For the most part, it was pretty good, but I don't think any single player rating for the game should have been higher than a 4 or 5 out of 10.

I'll probably wait a week or two to see what issues pop up.
i can already save you the time of buying it thesoldier, just rent it, hate it and then come to OS and rip it apart, you know that'll be what has to happen!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i can already save you the time of buying it thesoldier, just rent it, hate it and then come to OS and rip it apart, you know that'll be what has to happen!
The only games I've bought and disliked since my time on OS have been Halo 3 and NCAA 08.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 13

I do like the fact that someone actually messed around with the sliders to see if it could improve the game (lowering accuracy to lower completion percentage)

Hopefully, all their sliders actually work and work the right way. I remember last year raising interceptions to get interceptions to go down.

I wish someone would have lowered pass blocking all the way to 0 and see how the computer Oline played.

That would be much better than raising break block (resulting in poor run and pass blocking)

Even with all this news, I'm really pumped for this version.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #31
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4

I dunno, fellas. I still play NCAA 2008 religiously (sliders are my friend) so I haven't experienced the extreme disappointment so many of you have. I DO think sliders and/or patches will fix the issue with the pass rush. They only played with the sliders for a couple hours, and from what they've said, they only played with the pass block slider. There has to be a combined effort of the offensive and defensive sliders in order to truly inflict change on the game, in my opinion. I know in the past I've spent a few days working on a set of sliders at MP, whether starting with a base that someone else had or starting from scratch. I don't see this year as being any different. Obviously I'll have to wait until I have the game to know that for sure, but I think the game will be fun, will be an upgrade, and will allow me and my buddies to play many seasons of online dynasty. Nothing wrong with staying positive about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY PARTICIPANT SAID THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST NCAA IN THE SERIES.

Every one of them. So even though everyone...including myself...has concerns, the bottom line is EVERY guy who has played NCAA has said its fun as hell and the best one yet.

That's reason enough for me to stay uber pumped!
Amen!!

And besides, who can be upset when looking at AA's avatar. You can't help but to get excited...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »