Home

Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Hello from EA

Welcome to OS, Adam. One question from me (am I allowed one since I'm staff?).

Did Cal's yellow alternate jersey get in this year? If so, what combination? Yellow jerseys/blue pants? Yellow jerseys/yellow pants (otherwise known as the Cal Golden Banana Jersey)?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wow, Adam, I don't even have a question for you at this point. Just wanted to post a big thanks for stepping in and opening up the lines of communication with the boards. It shows me that EA is genuinely interested in our feedback and what we have to say.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #51
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I am going to ask this although I don't know that you can answer it, but here it goes.

If you guys were to put out a patch, do you have an idea of when the patch would/could be released? Or does it depend on whats being changed/added?

Thanks.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 6

Adam,i'd like to say thank you,and that i think you guys are doing a great job. I've been playing EA's NCAA Football for what seems like eons....The College Football USA days lol

Keep up the great work.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #53
Rookie

dmeyer25's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for stopping by,

I do not believe that Georgia Techs new jerseys made it into the game, but at one point on the ea website they were shown to have an alternate jersey. Just wondering what happened to that alternate and can we expect any jerseys changes or updates for any teams in the possible patch. Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #54
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
One issue some guys have brought up is if you were part of the C-USA and move to the SEC, you still have the C-USA patch on uniforms and your stadium.
Yeah, this has always been the case. The artwork isn't dynamic like that. I'd love to find a solution for this. Thanks for bringing it up, I will look into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Other than that, my only question would be: has there ever been any consideration given to the idea of customizing uniforms? I have in mind a couple of things. First, I have historically disagreed with the color palate chosen for Michigan. The 07 version of the game (360) was damn near perfect, but outside of that game, I find there is a tendency for the blue to be a little too bright and the yellow a little too dark. It would be great if I was allowed to change this. Also, it would be great if we had the option of creating alternate uniform schemes; just something simple like adding long socks for cold-weather games, or making an all-blue or all-white uniform (again thinking of Michigan). In the past the only way I could achieve this was to create "Michigan" with the create-a-school feature. In short, I'd like to see similar features be available for every team.
Getting the uniform colors correct is challenging. I don't believe our artists have a way of converting PMS (thread) colors into accurate RGB (graphic) colors. We do have the school's RGB colors from their logos, but once you put it on a uniform model and put it in game under different lighting conditions, it will not look the same. There is a LOT of tuning done on the colors of the uniforms, and they need to work in all lighting situations (day, night, snow, etc). We try to get it as accurate as possible.

I don't think we will be able to make uniform options that don't really exist. All our art has to be approved by the schools, and there is a good chance we would be asked to remove a lot of it, wasting a lot of work.

Creating alternate schemes is certainly on my radar!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #55
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Adam,

This may not be your department, but RATINGS .....

1. Who "rates" the players?

2. Why are teams given "99s" or Perfect ratings, and at an alarming frequency sometimes. When I think of a "99" I think of the Bama 92 Defense, or 95 Nebraska. In this year's game alone I think I saw two teams rated "Perfect" across the board, Ohio State and Georgia, and USC's defense is a 99?

3. Classic teams? Anytime soon again?

[blatanthomerratingsrant]And I'll just say...I'm still mad at you guys for giving Auburn an 87 defense when we return 8 starters from the 6th best Defense in N-A-T-I-O-N and #1 Scoring Defense in the SEC. Yet you guys have Tennessee at a 92, South Carolina at a 92, Florida at a 94 (39th Total D last year...39th), LSU at 96 and Georgia at a 99. That's 5 SEC Defenses you have rated higher than AU. Why no love?[/blatanthomerratingsrant]

Seriously, I'm interested in what the process is behind the actual team and player ratings process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 07:59 PM   #56
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

I'm hopeful to get them in this year. As far as expansion to The Rock, it will depend on when it is completed. Unlike PS2, we can no longer use mockups of planned renovations for updates. We actually have to send a photographer down to the stadium to take thousands of high resolution photos to have enough reference to recreate it. I try to send out the photographer as soon as it is completed.
I can take a picture for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »