Home

Why don't you people play online???

This is a discussion on Why don't you people play online??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #57
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why don't you people play online???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

1. Why don't you play online?
2. What will it take to get you playing online?

Thanks!
1. The game never feels the same online vs offline. Not as responsive I guess. I played in an online tourney with sim players last year and just never really enjoyed the games win or lose.

I like to play 9-12 minute quarters, most people don't online. I run the play clock down to under 5 just about every play. I like to run the ball and control the clock, nothing but squawks when I do this online.

I like to build a team over time, not play one off games. I can get a challenge out of the cpu with tweaked sliders and playing as a lower ranked team in franchise. So to sum it up, I've been happy with offline franchise mode.

2. Online franchise mode probably helps get me closer to playing online more, dunno yet.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865

What would get me playing again? First I'd love to take you up on your offer to play tonight ODogg, but I work tonight from 5-11:30pm est so that blows that up.
oK, well not many people are still playing 08 anymore but one thing that would be nice if we could get Steve or someone to set it up for OS would be a calendar for when people are looking for games and you could go in and put in a time range when you'll be available to play. then you can see the other guys who are going to be available then as well and set something up.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
There has always been some sort of exploit that most of the on-liners would resort to that made games MORE predictible. You knew that even if they started out SIM they would resort to rocket catching or nano blitzes or money plays and to compete you resort to the same tactics. Soon you were no longer playing a strategic game of football. It becomes beat the flaw in the game not the flaw in one's strategy. I'd rather stay in my own little world and play franchise/dynasty and play honest.
Ding ding ding - we have a WINNER. Seriously though, that's the same reason I stay away from on-line games......that, and the friggin lag that's always there, u just may not feel it.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #60
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I tend to play sports games for the immersion factor. Guiding a team through a season where early cup cake games set the stage for challenging rivals later in the season. Versus the CPU, I can set up sliders and settings so that playing USC is much different than Idaho.

However Online, it is more about my stick stills vs my opponents. Sure, team selection helps, but stick still is the overriding factor (and usually a disadvantage for me. LOL.)
Old 06-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #61
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't play online because my PS3 is in my basement and I don't get internet down there. I could lug the thing upstairs, but that's just too much effort. I wanna pop it in and go. Online Dynasty might be big, though. We'll see if it sucks me in or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #62
Rookie

Deathblooms's Arena

OVR: 2

Well I do play online sometimes, but I have a guideline that I go by. I don't play certain teams(WV, Fla, OSU etc.) or teams with mobile quarterbacks. I also check the persons gamercard to see if this is their real account or their 2nd dummy account(check gamerscore and friends). It might take me 30 minutes to find a game but usually it is worth the wait, however it is still plenty of cheese out there.

I have been thinking about joining a league for a couple of years now but I'm in the same boat with alot of you-wife, kid etc. Could someone break down the average guidelines of a league game(what's acceptible and what's not) Do you play ranked or unranked matches?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblooms
Well I do play online sometimes, but I have a guideline that I go by. I don't play certain teams(WV, Fla, OSU etc.) or teams with mobile quarterbacks. I also check the persons gamercard to see if this is their real account or their 2nd dummy account(check gamerscore and friends). It might take me 30 minutes to find a game but usually it is worth the wait, however it is still plenty of cheese out there.

I have been thinking about joining a league for a couple of years now but I'm in the same boat with alot of you-wife, kid etc. Could someone break down the average guidelines of a league game(what's acceptible and what's not) Do you play ranked or unranked matches?
Most all leagues that i've seen play unranked 6 or 7 minute quarters and require one game per week. In my league last year we experimented with 1 game very 2 weeks but people got too bored.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #64
Rookie

Deathblooms's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Most all leagues that i've seen play unranked 6 or 7 minute quarters and require one game per week. In my league last year we experimented with 1 game very 2 weeks but people got too bored.

How about gameplay rules, you know the anti-cheese rules

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »