Home

A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010

This is a discussion on A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
What, no mullets?!
I must have missed a thread, sorry.

Adam - Please add mullets and dreadlocks! PUH-LEASE!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #26
Pro

FSU4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 7
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL by way of the City of Wind. Chi-Town!
I agree with everything said in this thread. I mean this is supposed to be the 'Next-Gen' era and aside from graphics being upgrading I feel I have not been experiencing 'next-gen'. At least in sports video games.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #27
stewaat

OVR:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Several have made very good points in this thread and we would all like the changes made to the game we personally want.

HOWEVER, I think the first step we all need to take is realize that everything we want is not going to be in the game, right away. From reading the forums along with my own personal views I felt these top three additions to the game would be huge.

1- FCS/Create-a-school
This is a must IMHO. It would be great for EA reaching out to these FCS schools and it gives the game much more depth.

2- Battle in the trenches
Another huge factor of the game where EA is struggling right now. WR/DB interaction is a distant second IMO because the trenches are much more important to the game. Just think if you had a pass rushing DE who actually scared you because of his speed/power!!!

I am SO DAMN TIRED of these blow-up pancake blocks is ridiculous. Please, EA, I BEG YOU...get rid of the animation where lineman make contact and immediately throw their opponent to their back. How often does this really happen? Oh and those psycho LB's who bust through three blockers en route to the QB....let's be serious. HUGE annoyance in the game for me...HUGE.

Adam- I'd love to hear your thoughts on this animation.

3- Presentation
We all want an improved atmosphere and EA is taking a step in the right direction this year but there's so much more that can be done.

I feel like these are the three most important features.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #28
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
What, no mullets?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I must have missed a thread, sorry.

Adam - Please add mullets and dreadlocks! PUH-LEASE!!
I wonder how difficult it would be to just give us the option to assign long hair/dreads to the appropriate people.

EA could not assign it to anyone and just let the roster folk get all obsessive and give it to the right people!

With this said the only way I'd even want it in the game is if it was editable.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2
Players De-commiting from schools in recruiting. Players don't sign with a school as soon as they commit.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:13 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6
-Coaching changes or some refer to it as the Coaching carousel
-You should be able to start your own traditions
-Ability to forge and break rivalries
- Add Assistant Coaches
Old 06-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #31
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I know a lot of us have a hardon for the Euphoria physics engine and its possible implementation in a football game, so I'm just going to throw it out there that EA property NHL 09 is apparently using it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2008, 01:12 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 39
PLEASE SEND THIS LIST TO EA---copy it, save it, and mail it to the development team....its perfect, especially #4--this is a must.

1. Continual improvement of the gameplay, fluidity, transition, and realism of user controlled plays. This is by far to me the most important aspect of the game.
2. Post season All-Star games. If Playstation ONE could do it, current gen can.
3. All FCS teams.
4. All alternate uniforms with sliders for helmets, jerseys, pants, socks, and shoes to make any uniform combo available to all teams who have them.
5. All real life stadiums with upgrades. Google Earth and GPS are widely used and available to practically everybody these days.
6. Real life endzone artwork for bowl games. Playstation ONE!!!! had it!
7. Real life stadiums and uniform bowl patches for the bowl games. And for the first time, make the bowl game atmosphere in the stadium closely mimic that of a real life bowl game. Every year in the game the stadium only comes to life for whatever team is wearing the home jerseys, the other team is practically playing a road game with no love. Bowl games in real life have a better split (not always 50-50 with some teams close to home and others who travel well anywhere, but definitely not the home jersey wearing team getting all the crowd noise, pump up the crowd feature, band playing, team chants, and electricity with the road jersey wearing team having one little corner of fans with no band, no way to pump up their crowd, and crickets and golf clapping when the make a big play.
8. Ability to have multiple sets of duplicate numbers for every team, provided there is an automatic prompt on the substitution menu that disallows the same number twice on the field at the same time. Once in a blue moon EA will have one set of duplicates for some teams, but even then the number will be on the wrong player and some 4th string chump will get a ballas #.
9. Must have a dynamic, brand new, opening sequence to every game. New and dynamic pregame analysis by Corso & Herbstreit, realistic stadium pregame atmospheres (anyone who has ever been to a college football game knows how awesome this part is), realistic team entrances, players to watch with shots of them warming up with stats--last gen stuff.
10. New dynamic postgame presentation. Right now there isn't any at all. But in the future give us stuff like:
-home crowd rushing the field for a huge win or upset of high ranked team
-home team having big celebration on the field
-visiting team running over to the visiting section to celebrate with their fans (happens all the time)
-visitng team taunting the home crowd after a win and/or stomping on home teams midfield logo.
-The Gatorade bath (last gen stuff)
-(All NCAA football vets will agree in unison to this request) anything new other than the 5 year recycled last gen yippie-hooray jump to midfield fists go up in victory, captains of both teams "good game" congratulatory handshake, and the "Agony of Defeat" losing quarterback down on one knee head in his hand moment of futility.
11. Package player subs for each formation.
12. All real life bowl trophies and individual awards, if possible.
13. More variety to player customization. Dreads of different sizes, more sweatband combos, more shoe selection, ect.
I could go to 100 if I felt like it, but these are the one that stand out for 2010

09 is going to be great, but 2010 needs to be a complete overhaul of everything so it doesn't feel like the NCAA's I've been playing since 04 or 05.

Last edited by sportzbro; 06-10-2008 at 01:16 AM. Reason: quotes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »