Home

good or bad

This is a discussion on good or bad within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

reco's Arena

OVR: 8
good or bad

does anyone else thinks this game is rushed? the release date is getting closer and closer to june each year! correct me if im wrong but didnt ncaa football used to come in august? i think it would be a better game if the waited until two weeks before the season started. it would give ea more time to work on our complaints! therefor a better game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: good or bad

I think it has been mid july for a while now.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #3
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

Yea, last year was around the same date too so..

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #4
Rookie

twisted88's Arena

OVR: 5

It's been mid-July for at least the last 2-3 years, if not longer. Besides, what some people don't get is that even if they did push the release back to August it would only give them extra time for one year. There are almost always going to be more issues with games that are released yearly, as opposed to games that are in development for 2-3 years (or longer). If they only released Madden or NCAA every other year, they could fix a lot more of the little glitches and bugs people complain about. But then everybody would be screaming that the game wasn't coming out every year. For the small window they have to tweak and update the game every year, I think they do a pretty good job. Perfect? No, but I don't think I could go a year without my college football fix!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

The biggest single reason is it would conflict with the Madden release date and there is no way they would allow that to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted88
It's been mid-July for at least the last 2-3 years, if not longer. Besides, what some people don't get is that even if they did push the release back to August it would only give them extra time for one year. There are almost always going to be more issues with games that are released yearly, as opposed to games that are in development for 2-3 years (or longer). If they only released Madden or NCAA every other year, they could fix a lot more of the little glitches and bugs people complain about. But then everybody would be screaming that the game wasn't coming out every year. For the small window they have to tweak and update the game every year, I think they do a pretty good job. Perfect? No, but I don't think I could go a year without my college football fix!
You make some very good points. A two year development cycle would do both NCAA and Madden a great deal of good. But that will never happen, unless it could be justified by doubling the profits. Since these games bring in tons of money every year even if they have problems, what if any justification is there to take 2 years and lose a year of revenue? Even if they sold a roster update for the skiped year they couldn't charge $59.99 for a roster update. The developers are all for a two year cycle but the bottom line is $$$ and that is pretty much all there is too it.

I asked this question to Adam in the Q&A thread.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

last year was the 17th of july.It has been around the same time for the last few years. The latest I can remember it being was when it was still for the PSone and it came out in the last week of July.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #8
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Is it me or does it seem that there aren't a whole lot of videos out this year? Maybe it's still a bit early.
It seems like there is quite a bit of Madden videos around, not so much for NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »